MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

delete account

delete account - Forums [Biker Match] delete account - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

delete account

any1 no how 2delete account? i want off

Update Reply
rasputin05 @ 15/06/2007 12:32  

Any reason why Rasputin?
If there's a problem with the site, lets Matt or Thompsondiane know and we can look into rectifying it.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 15/06/2007 12:40  

Well, you've disabled your profile! So hi and bye

Update Reply
Di @ 15/06/2007 13:22  

think u scared im off di lol, hahahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2007 13:58  

lol ninja

Update Reply
RC @ 15/06/2007 14:01  

Di? Scary? No way!!!

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 15/06/2007 14:09  

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Update Reply
Di @ 15/06/2007 14:39  

As per the contact page, you will find the info in the help section. As per the contact page, I've not replied to your 3 emails as the information is in the help section. Try helping yourself by reading a little first and you will save everyone a lot of time and effort, especially me. Too many people ask the same questions to keep replying to every email, sorry. Basically, just hide your profile and your fine. Cant delete the account completely though because there are too many related records and logs etc that must be kept for legal reasons (e.g. You could be someone who has murdered someone else from the site, and evidence might be found in your PMs or the sites log files. The police can ask for this at any time).

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 16:37  

Just ignored my 8th email today requesting to have account deleted or subscriptions stopped... it's all in help! It cant be stressed enough on the contact page that i will NOT reply if the information is already there for you to find.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 16:45  

That's news to me, re: not able to delete profile entirely due to legal reasons. I've had profiles deleted in the past on other forums. Maybe this fact should be added to the sign up page so people are aware of it before they sign up?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 18:01  

I think its all in terms and conditions, accessible via the link at bottom of any page. You can remove your profile of course, by hiding it urself. Then ur no longer on here. But you will ALWAYS find that you leave traces of your tracks wherever you go online - its how the internet works! I cant go deleting things on request. It would cock up a lot of the database and cause problems you wouldnt believe. Plus - its suspicious anyhow wanting all your sent PMs removing and stuff! Nobody but you can see them, so why remove them and ur account? Its a condition of using the internet for christ sake - a pedo cant go kiddy fiddling on a website, then write and ask for all his records to be removed!!! Please leave this sort of stuff to me. Users can hide their profiles etc, but I will never in any way remove records from the database. Many times recently have I had to go through log files when abuse has occured, and ive had to dig out user_ids etc of people causing problems. What happens when Ive deleted their records from the database and i need to go back and find info out. Hard to explain but I dont see what the problem is. If you want your tracks deleting all the time then you should stop using the internet.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 19:22  

if i delete rasputin05 now, and the police write to me tomorrow saying that they believe rasputin05 met someone here and has murdered them, and that they want his/her name, email address, etc.... then can you imagine what would happen to ME if I replied to the police saying "Sorry I deleted all rasputin05's details, records, logs, messages, etc". What a coincidence. You just cant do it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 19:25  

And the other websites wont remove ur details - they will just hide ur profile for u (Which I allow users to do themselves).

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 19:26  

Calm down Matt I dint say that I wanted to remove MY profile. Re: sent messages, it's irritating not to be able to delete my own but if it's a legal requirement that you keep them that explains that one, however other sites DO allow us to remove them ourselves, hence my confusion as to why we can't on here; especially as you mentioned before that web space is costly, or words to that effect. There's nothing suspicious on my part, I just don't like to keep stuff I don't need, it creates loads of pages for me to trawl thro to find what I do want to keep. If ya see what I mean? do you really think a pedo or any would-be murderer is going to leave/send messages that could convict him?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 19:49  

hey u never know in this day n age hun

Update Reply
RC @ 15/06/2007 20:21  

lol was an extreme example to make my point. And why would you ever be able to delete your sent messages? can you imagine how many people would email me saying "Ive received an email saying ive got a new PM, but when I log in theres nothing there"? Server has been upgraded recently too, so I get more free allowance before being charged. Pictures take up much more space to be honest, its the fotos that are costly but keeping the data down does help. I'm going to start deleting (Through automatic process) all PMs sent over 6 months again - read or unread.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/06/2007 07:55  

i didnt know that matt theres been a fwe peps on here i wanted to kill damn !!!!
soz just tryin to make lite of the subject

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 16/06/2007 18:58  

Quote Matt: And why would you ever be able to delete your sent messages? Cos I want to, and cos I can on other forums, that's why? and there's me thinking big brother was only on the telly lol can you imagine how many people would email me saying "Ive received an email saying ive got a new PM, but when I log in theres nothing there"? Well I wouldn't delete em as soon as I'd typed em. Flippin' 'eck! I may be an airhead at times but the gaps aren't THAT wide

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/06/2007 20:39  

no, other sites will let you "hide" the item, but not delete it. That wouldnt make sense! You cant post a letter then ask the post office to take it back. You cant write to hotmail and say "hi I sent an email, can you stop it" etc. You can never delete something u sent, because it wud cause massive confusion. U can just hide it from your view thats all. Plus I dont want emails saying "Matt ive deleted this by accident, can you get it back?" etc. Had that everyday in my day job and dont want it here as well (Hence only mods can change/delete forum posts too).

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 07:37  

I meant delete from my page, I don't care if it hangs about the ether, or with admin/owner of site as long as I can't see the flipping stuff and have to trawl thro it to find what I want. Like I said I CAN *DELETE it (HIDE it) from my view on other forums. *Confusion arose because you know it doesn't get deleted totally, just hidden, I didn't know that. Makes me wonder how the system copes tho with all that text 'hidden' and not 'deleted'?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2007 08:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email