MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires

Squires (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires

It wasn't the southerners fault... Lancashire and Yorkshire were fighting years before... about the colour of roses weren't they

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2011 22:37  

We all know that Yorkshire is far superior but to avoid too much conflict we could make it Rivvi in the morning then Squires in the afternoon??

And I mean that most sincerely folks!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 29/08/2011 22:42  

well if this is the way its going then how about putting the Ponderosa in the events?? prefer rivvi but enjoy the longer ride over to squires too

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 29/08/2011 22:43  

@ lisa

Some of us have already tried that one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2011 22:45  

lol..very diplomatic Lisa Sounds like a good idea though.. I like Rivi too, it's just that, for me, Squires is nearer and I know a lot of people who go there

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/08/2011 22:45  

Much appreciated too BBZ and all the other foreigners eg those affiliated with the red rose of Lancashire

Update Reply
lisaj @ 29/08/2011 22:55  

@ lisa just had a thought, you're neither Yorks or Lancs by birth are you, where does that leave you then? Is that why you're being diplomatic?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2011 23:00  

Does that make Lisaj one of those.... foreigners

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2011 23:12  

Might not be by birth, but It's my adopted county!

Besides I don't think there'd be many of you swearing allegiance to the Protea ???

Update Reply
lisaj @ 29/08/2011 23:16  

theres no contest, Rivi seams to be a mums and dads Sunday dinner joint not a real biker pub/cafe like Squires, getting to Rivi is horrendous on that track littered with kids dogs and cars unlike Squires which is just of the A63

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/08/2011 03:38  

bit biased methinks bill!! each has their merits - rivvi, as a location is more aesthetically pleasing, and the eau de testosterone not quite so strong! but squires does have greater numbers of people on bikes and does fab egg, chips & beans!! not sure why it has to be either/or though - does anyone really want to go to the same place week in/week out??x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2011 08:43  

Well only discovered both of them not long since and both great places to go drive ride out to.
sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2011 09:20  

er think u find the red rosies won in the end

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/08/2011 10:02  

But.......Squires has FREE camping all year round.. and there's events on, live music, autojumbles, an on-site shop, a carvery, function room, showers, and a helicopter! so ner ner ner What does Rivi have?? I love Rivi too, but don't tell the red rosies that

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/08/2011 10:22  

....and Squires is closer to Alice's pies

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 30/08/2011 13:18  

Alice

And don't forget your chili and veggie curry!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 30/08/2011 13:31  

Let's face it Squires is the best biker venue in England I even think that Matlock Bath is better than Rivi

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/08/2011 13:39  

@Alice That's cheating in order to sway the vote, you know that anyone with a bit of sense like me would travel to the ends of the earth for your "MEGA MEAT PIES!!!!" even more so after eventually tasting them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2011 13:40  

Cheating?? Moi?? A perfectly valid piece of arm-twisting, I reckon

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 30/08/2011 14:58  

PT Alice (pie tart ofc )!! She'll let anyone have a slice of her pie!! Hmm calling me a foreigner !!! Seems I am going there more than some people who live down the bloody road !!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 30/08/2011 16:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email