MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Time to brave the forums

Time to brave the forums (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Time to brave the forums (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Time to brave the forums

hi lisa nice to know i,am not the only newbie on here and Kwak have you ever thought of trying them all in one wind and rain proof black cotton type suits i got one its folds up into a tiny pocket like bag and goes over yer boots and leathers with out takeing all your stuff off i think there wicked, great if you wear normal jeans a lot like i do and even good leathers will let water in after a while but these dont seem to, would not be with out mine now and cheap to mine was only £29

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 22/06/2007 04:43  

kwak u can get some leather treatment used on horse saddles to supple them up and it is also waterproof and dont stink either its cheap i used to use it on my leathers when couriering never got wet

Update Reply
gsrider @ 22/06/2007 05:21  

lowrider, I've got an all in one waterproof jobby, the elastic in the arms is so tight it near on cuts me blood supply off so I have to wear it UNDER my biking jacket AND... as I is a female it's bloody tricky getting out of it when I wanna go to the lavvy I wouldn't ride without me leathers on, I've seen the results of gravel rash, and worse, YUCK! and OUCH! Gs, I tried that too, I must have the most UNwaterproof leather, nothing seems to keep the water out. I think the cow it came from must have lived in a shed all it's life

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 17:54  

gsrider - Thanks for the tip on the leather treatment. Have got a new jacket and its still a bit stiff...! Kwak - same here wouldn't go out without leathers on, even as a pillion that I am. Hopefully for not long now as soon to buy my first bike... Hi also to Gixxer Davey and Flamingred...

Update Reply
babbsy @ 22/06/2007 19:31  

Aww babbsy your first bike, I bet you're excited, what sort of bike would you like?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:34  

i bet its going to be a er6 or a bandit

Update Reply
vmaxdeg @ 22/06/2007 19:38  

Excited not the word... As its my first and have not ridden for a year cause of a back op recently. I'm looking at a Bandit600 or ER5 for now. Would really like the ER6-F. Want a sports but need to get a bit more road savvy first... Any other ideas for a forgiving first bike...?

Update Reply
babbsy @ 22/06/2007 19:42  

Hear a lot of good things about Bandits, they look nice too, I prefer em naked tho.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:52  

Not the biggest naked fan!! but wouldn't say no if one was given to me. Deg... You either can mind read from Brum to Sidcup or you been yaking to Kate....!!!!

Update Reply
babbsy @ 22/06/2007 19:54  

spookey isnt it Babbsy !

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 23/06/2007 05:22  

I think nakeds good

Update Reply
Oggy @ 24/06/2007 08:33  

Now why am I not suprised at that statement oggy ?

Update Reply
Di @ 24/06/2007 08:41  

cbr 600 f are a really good bike very forgiveing

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 24/06/2007 09:09  

hi all, hope ya all ok, gotta get photo sorted, just hate the ones i got, spoke to most of you in the room, thanks for making me feel welcome, even though i don't say much lol,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2007 19:00  

Hi chele, welcome to the forum. It's ok the chat room is sometimes a but busy and difficult to keep up with. If you don't type for a while the 'babysitter bot' (my name for it) thinks you've fallen asleep and puts you to bed lol Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/06/2007 19:06  

But you can always get back up again lol

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 26/06/2007 05:33  

Hi chele welcome to the site. Glad the mad-ones made you feel welcome. :-) Get that photo up soon!

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/06/2007 06:38  

Mad? Moi? Never!

Update Reply
Di @ 26/06/2007 14:15  

Soz i just keep poppin' up from time to time at the mo. Just really difficult being able to get a block of time where i can keep up with all the various things i got goin on this over-sized calculator thingy majigeee. Hello to everyone new that i aint said hi to already on here. I quite like bandits too. The ex acquired a baby one (250) a while back. Didnt even know they existed. Was cool too. An exact Mini-Me jobbie. Would still rather have a trike though. Oh One o these days i will be mobile and cool again

Update Reply
flamingred @ 30/06/2007 19:40  

Hiya flamingred nice to meet you welcome to the mad house

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 30/06/2007 20:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email