MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Your opinion: Subscriptions

Your opinion: Subscriptions - Forums [Biker Match] Your opinion: Subscriptions - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Your opinion: Subscriptions

What do you think users SHOULD and SHOULDN'T get for 99p per week. I'm looking to increase subscriptions whilst being able to maintain the "free" site aspect of BikerMatch. The site is advertised as FREE and as such the basic functionality has to be free. This is the current table, what would you change? ... Standard Premium Create Profile Upload photos 1 Unlimited Quick Search Advanced Searches View profiles & photos Matchmaker Email Alerts Access Forums Receive Private Messages Send Winks Receive Winks Favourites lists View "Who has viewed me?" E-Bulletin Help & Assistance Email users Send Private Messages Priority listing in search results Profile on homepage Access to Events Remove advertisements

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/06/2007 15:29  

Matt, I don't see how you can marry (no pun intended) 'free' with 'increased subs' or maybe you can I dunno. IMHO if standard members, and non-registered folk, can post in the forum and use the chat room FREE then full members are goin to wonder 'why should I bother paying'? and that's probably why they don't. You have to make them want to pay, e.g. if they can read the posts but NOT enter their own they may just cough up to enable them to do so. What is the point of standard members being able to send winks? I find it frustrating to get a wink from a standard member cos they can't follow it on with a message. I find the whole 'wink' thing a waste of time anyway as some folk send em and don't, or can't, do anything when a wink is sent in return. Instead of the Top 20 lists being determined by criteria such as how many views your profile has or whatever it is determined by, it should be a show case so that ALL FULL members are viewed on it, changing periodically so that every member gets a turn, regardless of when they last visited the site. A mini profile, and one pic, is all standard members should be able to view, to view a detailed profile and further pics, if they have any, they should have to be FULL members. Dangle the carrot and the donkey will want it, basically. IMHO of course

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/06/2007 18:33  

chatroom has to be free - cos it is on bikechat where they can access it anyhow. Forums have to be free - or they would be too quiet and would seem uninteresting, making the site look dead. Winks are ace - they get people to "communicate" which results in people signing up to respond. Everytime I push everyone to send out winks, we get loads signing up as they want to start conversations. Matchmaker alerts are good for standard members, because it keeps them returning to the site. An email every few days about a new member keeps them interested and returning, resulting in a higher chance of them subscribing to meet someone. Standard can only upload 1 photo, but i agree they should have access to only 1 photo from each user. Profiles should always be in full, and accessible to GUESTS (not even standard members) because google needs to be able to index as much of the site as it can, without being restricted. The "email users" thing is old and will be removed, was a feature I never implemented.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 05:40  

I didn't mention matchmaker alerts, aint got a clue what ya mean by 'email users' and am puzzled by your comment 'winks get people to communicate' I've already stated that the wink only goes as far as that, in my case...maybe others will say differently? Looks like you already made your mind up what is and isn't going to be changed so not much point asking for our opinion.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 08:28  

"Email Users" is the PM's I think Kwak hun.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 15/06/2007 14:13  

From experience of other umm 'dating sites' *ahem* winks are good for standard members to show interest, but it only works if they wink a full member who can then send a pm (if of course they are interested), but it is a way to tempt standards to become full members.

Other sites restrict access to full photo's usually just allowing thumbnail views so i agree thats a good way to go, maybe just looking as adding more extras for full members customizing profile colours maybe and stuff like that

Update Reply
ScarletKiss @ 15/06/2007 16:23  

Kwak.... if you wink a standard member and they are interested, then they will subscribe to reply to you (or wink you back). If they're not interested then they wont. It's not that "ive made my mind up", its that I've been playing around with the options for a year nearly now and have found one that works well. I know for a fact that winks & matchmaker alerts = emails to non-regular users = bringing users back = more active site and more subscriptions!

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 16:40  

When I responded to a wink sent by a standard member they DIDN'T then sign up so they could message me, hence my comment about winks being a waste of time, in my case. Maybe you should have worded your original question differently cos I thought you wanted us to tell you what WE would CHANGE, I did tell you but then you came back with reason why you won't change them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 17:31  

some things cant change, some can. Im coming up with a draft that you might like. Winks may have proved unuseful for you, but they do keep people coming back to the site. About 5,000 emails are sent from the server every day! If you were a user that hadn't been to the site for 3 months, and ud forgot all about it, then an email would be a nice reminder of the site and bring u back. 77.64% of all page views are from returning users. This is good as it means people keep their interest. Of course new members are good, but this figure shows how likely they are to return after their first visit. :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2007 18:29  

There has to be something wrong with a site that offers 99p for life! Its either saying that you are so bad that you will need to sign up for life or the chances of you meeting someone on here area so limited you need to sign up for life.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2007 18:32  

nowt wrong with this site hun its great we met loads of peeps off here for nights out, not all about findin romance its about findin friendship to

Update Reply
RC @ 15/06/2007 19:01  

Quote Bettyzoom: There has to be something wrong with a site that offers 99p for life! Its either saying that you are so bad that you will need to sign up for life or the chances of you meeting someone on here area so limited you need to sign up for life. I thought I was a whinger FFS I've never known anyone complain at how CHEAP a thing is. Why did ya create your profile then if ya think that way? Like R C says it's not just a dating site it's a social site too, as for meeting folk I've met a few people from biker match ALL of them are as nice as they are on the forum and in the chat room. If you hang around long enough you'll see what I mean. Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 19:33  

well said kwak hun n why u not in chat????????????????/ lol

Update Reply
RC @ 15/06/2007 19:38  

Cos I'm feeling anti-social, R C, my telly and video recorder have gone titties up, it's raining, I aint got a bike and and and... gi' me time I'll think of something else to complain about rofpml Fink I'll gi' meself a fuggin HUG

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2007 19:57  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs hun)))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

get in chat lol

Update Reply
RC @ 15/06/2007 20:21  

I guess I must be lucky, I got chatting to someone the first weekend I joined and we have been seeing each other since. We are both still full members cus we like to be able to contact /PM others on a matie basis. Keep it at 99p a week you don't miss that!

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 16/06/2007 05:07  

i met someone after two weeks ove joining and she is very nice. this site is very good and the people are very friendly to

Update Reply
vmaxdeg @ 16/06/2007 06:05  

Ok Kate, and Deg, don't rub it in lol I've been a member since Sept 2006 and aint met a 'other half' yet Met some really nice friends tho so it's not all bad Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/06/2007 06:22  

im u will find someone soon kwak

Update Reply
RC @ 16/06/2007 06:30  

oops meant to put sure u will find someone soon kwak lol

Update Reply
RC @ 16/06/2007 06:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email