MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Riding at a slower speed

Riding at a slower speed (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Riding at a slower speed (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Riding at a slower speed

They will still come past u speed limit or not

If confidence is an issue then maybe larger roads are probably better to be avoided until you have the confidence. Maybe do them when quieter such as an early Sunday morning to get the feel of riding at that speed with out the traffic.

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/08/2011 20:38  

Considerate, faster, more experienced riders, should look it as their mission, their duty, to teach learners how to improve.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2011 21:26  

Do you mean how i keep trying to show you XK

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/08/2011 02:07  

everyone down south is rushing around, its nice to go 'slow' and up here you can and its so relaxing. however, on motorways i hang around with the lorries, you dont save much time but you do get through petrol when you start to open the taps. just dont see the point in it these days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 08:29  

I've no intention of riding like a git, Bill

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 09:37  

Ride your own race K

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 10/08/2011 12:50  

Well this is a good one for me as my friends who know me and my bike will know. Although I love my bike it only does 55mph tops which is ok but holds up traffic which is why by my own choice I ride a lot on my own and meet up with friends at arranged meeting places so they can shoot off and I don't feel guilty making them go slow. I also tend to steer clear of duel carriage ways as has been mentioned having a big artic up ya back and being overtaken by them isn't fun. So I stick to smaller roads, take in the scenery and enjoy the bimble lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 14:48  

I agree, I think it's a case of making sure that the one following does not feel as I they must stay behind you all the time.

I am not very good a overtaking on country roads and I try to avoid it if I can. My biker partner, however, does not mind overtaking and I then catch her up elsewhere.

Managed to do between 60-70 Mph on an A road today.

Went on a long ride with a biker partner that I met on this site and have now pushed myself into a more advanced comfort zone.

The 750 coped with the ride really well.

Update Reply
KarenTwickenham @ 11/08/2011 16:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email