MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

MAG (reposted)

MAG (reposted) (3) - Forums [Biker Match] MAG (reposted) (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

MAG (reposted)

Nothing and just signed this one as well: http://epetitions.direct.gov.u...334pertition against EU Anti-tampering proposed legislation for motorcycles - e-petitionsepetitions.direct.gov.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2011 17:56  

thanks celtic just done that one to

Update Reply
yzfsam @ 08/08/2011 19:45  

Anyone seen this?? ON THE 25 TH OF SEPTEMBER THERES A RIDE OUT TO PROTEST AGAINST THE NEW EU REGGS ON BIKES NO AFTERMARKET STUFF TO BE ADDED IE EXHUAST'S REAR SET.S NO BIKES OVER SEVEN YEARS OLD TO BE ALLOWED IN TOWN CENTRES NO STREET FIGHTERS NO CUSTOM BIKES ON THE 25TH SEPTEMBER THEY MAG ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO MEET AT THEY NEAREST TRANSPORT CAFE AND AT 1 O CLOCK LEAVE TO THE MOTORWAYS AND RIDE AT 45 TO 50 MILES AN H...OUR PLEASE REPOST THIS AS THE ARE VOTING ON IT IN THE EU PARLIAMENT IN OCTOBER IF IT GOE.S THROUGH OUR PARLIAMENT WILL HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN AFTERMARKET BIKE PARTS SHOPS WILL BE OUT OF THERE JOBS, NO CHANGING THE BRAKES, OIL OR FILTERS OR PLUGS YOURSELF, IT WILL BECOME ILLEGAL!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2011 21:44  

Euro wide super MOT ha thats a joke . I wonder how they would implement that in saaayyy ,, Portugal ?? I am sure its right at the front of their transport budget, one place behind all the motorways to nowhere they have since the money dried up .... Is this not just eurocrats and the folk who " fight" eurocrats coming up with things to make it look like they all do something to justify the as yet undisclosed expenses accounts ? It smells to me like made up crap to creat illusions of usefulness and purpose .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2011 22:05  

I went to a euro protest rally, just outside of strasburg. I think it was 1988, lots of stuff was going to be made law, was going to be impossibe to enforce! seems nothing changes! about 4000 bike rode into strasburg. got pics somewhere, might put them on my profile page!

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 08/08/2011 22:34  

YAAAAAY I received my reply today... just spent over an hour and half reading it It is really scary reading in some places as some of the proposals are absolutely stupid.

If you haven't done so already PLEASE follow what Harley has posted up on page one and get your copy.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 18/08/2011 20:35  

i dont think it makes a blind bit of difference how much you object. they put in a load of daft proposals knowing people will object. then after the objections they remove those daft proposals and your left with the ones they really want. then it looks like everyones happy. you just can't win.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2011 21:00  

You can never win busa... but it does prove that these aholes that make these stupid rules have not got a clue wtf they are doing... you really have to read the document they send back and the holes this guy has found in their arguements... vibrating seats and handlebars ffs.... the motorcyle industry has spent millions over the years trying to get rid of these problems !

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 18/08/2011 21:33  

Still waiting for a reply... nothing in my in box and nothing in the spam. it will get here eventually i expect.

Update Reply
Rhidragon @ 18/08/2011 21:40  

Well considering i posted on the 3rd and got it tonight... they must be very busy..... pft...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 18/08/2011 22:10  

just got mine today too. at least its placed the issue back in the forefront of their minds, which was the whole point of the exercise.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 18/08/2011 22:24  

They're politicians at the end of the day. Not only do they want re-election, but also, perhaps more importantly, they want to maintain a record of successes, "their political CV". They raise 20 changes knowing that they'll only get 2 through. You can't stop them playing their games but it's crucial you lobby to make sure that 2 that happen have the least impact possible on the real world. Only that way does everyone win. Whilst it's inevitable these tw*ts will play with us, only through action/lobbying can we limit the damage to bruises rather than deep cuts. Keep pluggin' away folks. And thanks.

Update Reply
desres @ 18/08/2011 23:11  

My reply came this morning too...they must have sent out a job lot today

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/08/2011 23:35  

Mine toooooooooooooo haha they treating us all today

Update Reply
wenders @ 19/08/2011 02:00  

Found This Join us to keep EU Hands Off Biking, it's time for Action now!.On the 25th September you can make your voice heard. Starting from service areas across the country, we all ride at 1pm, use the inside lanes and vanish 20 minutes later. This is the first time. Let's show what we could be capable of.The list of start points is changing all the time, but as of today we can confirm the following,?M1Northampton Services north and soundboundLeicester Forrest East Services sounthboundDonington Park ServicesTrowell Services northboundTibshelf Services northboundWoodall Services northboundWoolley Edge Services southbound?M3Fleet Services southbound?M4Reading services westboundj32 ASDA carparkCardiff ServicesPont Abram Services eastbound?M5Exeter ServicesTaunton Deane Services Southbound?M6Corley Services eastboundCharnock Richard services northbound?M8Harthill Services eastbound?M90 Kinross Services southbound?M25South Mimms servicesClacket Lane Services clockwise?M40Oxford ServicesWarwick Services northbound?M42Hopwood Services?M55B&Q, J4 motorway end?M56Chester services?M62FerryBridge ServicesHartshead Moor Services?A1Scotch Corner?A128 Ball diner, Rivenhall, A12 northboundBP, Boreham Interchange A12 northboundTesco, Copdock, A12 southbound?A120Stanstead airport carpark?A127Porky's Diner eastbound?A30Chiverton Cross Services nr Redruth?A303Countess Services eastbound, Amesbury?A38Lee Mill Services, Ivybridge, Plymouth?A48Halford's roundabout, Carmarthen?A55Abergele services, westbound, between j25 and 24a?A90Strathcartho services, between Perth and AberdeenCloser to the date, we will be have a final, complete list of all the actual start points.It will be here, on the www.ridersarevoters.org website and many other places. As you can see we've already got venues from Plymouth to Aberdeen on most M-ways and major trunk routes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2011 19:33  

Map available now of starting points https://www.facebook.com/pages/25th-Sept-2011-Action-No...?sk=photos Have tried to submit this to the events page but it hasn't been put on (?) Something that affects all of us!

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 21/08/2011 13:25  

Got the link to the complaints today. Scary reading ;((((((((

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 02/09/2011 21:19  

I still haven't received my response and I requested it 7 Aug...!!!!!!

Update Reply
gixergal @ 02/09/2011 21:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email