MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Blackbird beater?

Blackbird beater? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Blackbird beater? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Blackbird beater?

Hmm .. the Wheelbarrow man could be onto something. I've heard many a good report of the new z1000sx.

But, being a Kawasaki, what would it look like after five/six years and 80 - 100k?

I know from experience that a Honda would still look pretty good. And I am sure the same could be said of your typical BMW.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/07/2011 13:10  

Dyliss is still looking beautiful thankyou

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/07/2011 16:11  

Wheels, that's a nice bike but it looks like it's missing something at the back. It's like an anorexic chick with no arse and fake boobs :-D Looks good up front though.
I don't like these "modern" exhausts either. To fancy for me. I really prefer the Blackbird for looks... nice big twin exhausts and sleak bodywork.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/07/2011 16:27  

blackbird would be ok were it not for the bloody awful gearbox!! give me a 'busa any day - more style, more substance, more fun (and definitely the marmite of the bike world which is a bonus!!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2011 17:23  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->The sx does come with panniers, the engine is a detuned ZX10 engine but still gives out 147 BHP.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 25/07/2011 19:37  

i'd rather have my busa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2011 00:45  

agree 100% busafeller - better in eery department!!! xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2011 19:50  

For me got to be the Z1000's of the 70's....they were untouchable!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 28/07/2011 23:58  

mmmm. what you doing tonight mandy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/07/2011 22:23  

Well my ZZR1100 is now 11 year old and still on original down pipes, shame that for some strange reason 4th gear gave up on Sunday. It's an awesome bike if you sort out the soggy suspension and apart from the cost of an engine out repair it has never let me down with minimal servicing Anyoen know any cheap but reliable gear box people near bradford?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 15:01  

the only guy I could suggest is moll springs motorcycles (MSM) near Huddersfield. Everyone else around Hudds area is pretty expensive.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2011 15:15  

I stripped down and repaired a zzr d2 gearbox of mine 3rd gear gone, 12 years ago, it lasted a couple of months lost 3rd again, later it was 4th, then 2nd, then I left it in garage and bought another, the latest is now redundant looking for some TLC. The box first went at about 55000 coaxed it to 74000.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 17/08/2011 00:12  

well, am sure that some of these new fangled four cylinder japanese bikes are all well and good (ducks) i had 7 ducati st`s (2, 2,4, 4s, 2, 3, 3sabs0 before i went to the multistrada 1100s. they were the most underated sports tourers on the plannet, the 3S abs was without doubt, faster, more economical, smoother, better braking, better arodynamics, better equipment, AND more reliable than the honda VFR800 (traveled with mate who always has honda) but, have the multistrada 1200s now, and francly makes the old stuff seem woden, def a bike to be reconed with in any book. and no, in over 180,000 miles of ducatis they never broke down (apart from pilot error!)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 17/08/2011 00:58  

care to elaborate on "pilot error"??!! lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2011 10:30  

o dear i though someone would see that, some stupid man (aahem) fitted a charging trailing lead to the battery, to connect optimate to , making it easy to connect up in garage, only i ( i mean the stupid man) over tightened the earth lead i smidgin (yes that is a technical term) was fine to start, but just when i stopped as far as was possible from help/road/phone signal it desided to undo itself fron the battery, but leaving the outer plastic sheath connected so by looking like it was still ok. and it was raining and bike was 3 days old and i spent 2 hours trying to undo/redo fairings in rain beside road with a ducati tool kit, not that anybody mentioned it, o no. like i said bike was reliable, i`m putting it down to starting to eat meat again after being vegi for 15 years and so being all pumped up on protien and so supper strong tightening bolts! (aahem) i mean the stupid man!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 17/08/2011 19:35  

proof that being a veggie like me is better for your health (even though i am pale & thin!!!) haha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2011 08:07  

is it the "veggie " part the "like you" part or the "pale & thin" part i should emulate? (ducking, def ducking) p.s. my first ever use of the & key!!!! all these times wasting time spelling AND, when i could have just scratched my head and looked aimlessly throught the computer keyboard looking for a sign (o hang on a min, is this a sign?) and working out how to shift and type at same time.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 18/08/2011 15:42  

neither - my pale thinness is a result of me being vegetarian!! hahaha well done on the "&" !!! xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2011 17:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email