MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Paddling

Paddling - Forums [Biker Match] Paddling - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Paddling

Anyone into paddling? Canoe or kayak?? I have just got a sit on kayak and keen to get out...but not on my own.

I am in SW Scotland, usually go to loch Ken, but would like to go further afield.

Get in touch if you are interested. Could put you up if you have far to travel. Its not just great biking country round here!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2011 09:42  

ive allways wanted to try that dik,,maybe one day,,,we want piccys !!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 22/07/2011 13:02  

You'll like this one, Dik:- A man, with no arms and legs was lying on a blanket on a beach. Three beautiful woman were walking by felt sorry for him the first one went up to him and asked if he`d ever been kissed. he replied "No" so she gave him a lovely kiss. The second one asked him if he`d ever been hugged and he replied "No" so she gave him a warming hug The third girl asked him if he`d ever been f**ked he replied "No" She said "well you will be soon the tide is coming in !"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2011 13:18  

pmslllll aww xk your naughty!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 22/07/2011 13:22  

Boss Mom gona get for not using the ** in your text lol

Update Reply
JP @ 22/07/2011 14:17  

XK..you said a naughty word! And no-one has corrected it.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 16:16  

Trust me, now it's been pointed out to me he will be getting a very hard slap!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2011 17:03  

jp - you grass!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2011 17:40  

evening dik, with regard to the initial question! yep do a bit of both kayak if have to, (but been teaching both since was 19 ..yes that is a while) though prefer an open boat given the chance, here, france italy. usually do a trip down the teeed twice a year, and the spey once a year, if any good to you.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 03/08/2011 19:17  

i went out for a an evening paddle on loch ken a couple of days ago. so beautiful and peaceful. was on a SOT kayak. nice and stable - even managed to make a phone call from the middle of the water.

yeti - is that the scottish canoe association paddle down the spey? i think it is coming up soon. i am not skilled enough to tackle that this year, but tempted to give it a go one year. esp in an open canoe.

i have a wenonah prospector in the back needing repairs. new seat and brace, the curly bit of wood for portage.

if you are ever over this way and fancy a paddle, drop me a pm.

also yeti are you on song of the paddle?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2011 21:16  

paddle om spey is normally just like minded friends, bit too indipendant for "organised" ones. prospector is a good choice of open boat! the "curly" bit for portage is the central yoke? both yokes and seats are easily available and piece of cake to change, do yourself a favour and fit a nealing thwart too? lots easier on big water and saves your back! actually think i may be on song of the paddle !! though may have been a while!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 05/08/2011 16:16  

Does paddling in the bath count?

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 06/08/2011 06:25  

You did say paddling in the bath didn't you pots???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2011 23:38  

aye - but wont get a kayak in there as well !!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 06/08/2011 23:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email