MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best or funny memories that still make you smile

Best or funny memories that still make you smile (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Best or funny memories that still make you smile (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best or funny memories that still make you smile

The day I first met Mr P.

As many know we met online, so we were setting up our 1st date, a date was suggested and almost agreed when he remembered he was going drag racing (his brother raced and Mr P helped at the time) ... So we chatted about what would be happening etc etc and I said well I could come too if you don't mind, sounds fun. Mr P said yeah why not, so we chatted about where I would meet him, I said I would take my car etc etc ... Then came the what time to meet ...5 AM !!!

Well after a bleary start to the day (it was a Sunday) the day was great, saw loads of racing and as I was stood watching some of the finals I felt a huge slap and my backside began to sting, I swung round and Mike (Mr P's brother) is stood there with a huge grin on his face, like a kid with a report full of A's and just behind him stood Mr P looking horrified, 5 years on it still makes me giggle the difference between the 2 looks.

Sadly Mike passed away in Dec aged 47,however that look and the guts and zest for life he had taught me to live life, don't let it pass you by, grab it if need be shake it and wake it up, but above all live it, and don't let anyone say you cannot do something!

Great guy, missed a great deal, but I always smile (and shed a wee tear) when I remember him

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/07/2011 05:56  

being present at the birth of my three gorgous kids still makes me feel warm inside, and I think some of the things they have said as they have grown up..ie
At the pre natal class before Ashley (2nd) was born and Charlene was a natterbox, we where all sat round in a circle on the floor. I was busting for a piss and said to my missus "just gonna spend a penny hun" to which I heard the reply from Charlene "is daddy spending all his money", needless to say I nearly wet myself before I got to the loo.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 14/07/2011 06:49  

Funniest thing at the meoment was riding across the brecon at three in the morning me and me cozin on our way to cardiff badgers in the middle of the road started running for me moved to the right the badger moved to the right it was like something out of a carry on me cozin behind me as this badger zigzagged with me until i went right and it went left and just missed each other. Was funny at the time and we had had a very long journey (like being in a lord of the rings movie, ) It was at the end of s erioes of events that night we got to cardiff about half five ish soaked to the skin (storms and winds earlier in the evening, weather waning dont travel :) lots of wrong directions to avoid floods and (puddles the size of lakes) a detour through gloucester(by mistake) errrrr right left right left , no turn around. (I used to own another house in cardiff then with my sister and it was up for sale so me and cozin visiting it on way to Bristol for a Bar B Q (another story) it was a fantastic weekend in the long run and we also had sun and lots of alcohol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 14/07/2011 20:17  

Went to a rally years ago in Wrexham and walking down the road seeing one of my mates arriving in the town. Riding his Guzzi California 1100 with his right arm raised in the air, it appears that his throttle cable had broken and he'd bodged it by tying it to a coke bottle and raising and lowering his arm while holding the bottle to adjust his speed. I mentioned to him that his arm must be tired if he'd done that for a few miles to which he responded, a few miles, it broke in Northampton.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 16/07/2011 01:19  

Chatting to a mate in January who had just come back from York in a rather loud open topped kit car.

"bloody hell" I said, "you must be deaf"

"no" he said, " quite warm actually"

Also in Switzerland last year touring on the bikes with a group of lads and discussing where we would go the next day we found a town on the map called Wank. At the end of the discussion one mate chirped up with the comment "well, I want to go to Lichtenstein and Wank"

Update Reply
Electricbadger @ 16/07/2011 22:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email