MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How many of you have ridden a bike at 150 mph or more, in 4th ?

How many of you have ridden a bike at 150 mph or more, in 4th ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] How many of you have ridden a bike at 150 mph or more, in 4th ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How many of you have ridden a bike at 150 mph or more, in 4th ?

i think someone alluded to freedom of speech earlier!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 19:33  

Nobody knows the circumstances the high speeds were done in. Doing 150 on a track, on the autobahn, on the IOM, on an empty motorway, on a busy motoway and through a built up area are all very different circumstances.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 19:47  

I might be way off base here but...... Speed isn't bad, as the government would have the unable to think for themselves poplus believe and you won't die of complete organ failure if you go over 8mph, as they believed in 1988, In fact isn't the reason we as a community (bikers that is) like bikes so much is that bang for buck you can't get a better mind warpingly fast form of transport.... So enjoy it while you can children, Now enough with the bickering amoungst ourselves, thats the reason why the men in grey suits have such power because we can't stand together, i would imagine most of us on here at that cetain age can remeber the no helmet rides through the streets well i can, i'd still wear one, but i still stood with like minded riders to have the compulsory law repealed.. Just how many "bikers" in this day and age can say they'd bother to do the same, I wonder. Form an orderly que here then......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 19:48  

well said roachy and blade rider. i too would always wear a lid but remember participating in the no helmet rides (i was VERY young!!) on principle. also agree re sticking together - well put blade rider xxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 19:53  

Before the days of speed cameras I witnessed a fatal road accident involving a speeding biker and a car (car passenger was killed).
It's fine talking about speeds if they are clarified as to where they were achieved as in some of the replies, if you wanna use your bikes top end then stick to the race track. Call me old n boring but theres no fun in witnessing a fatal road accident. Take it steady.

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 23/07/2011 20:07  

aiming to stay alive is a moot point is it??????

ok guys go do your 150 mph because your family will be ok about your body being carted off in bits in an ambulance,, after all your gonna die anyway as mandy states!!!!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 23/07/2011 20:09  

was pointing out that the point in living should be about more than merely avoiding death........... one of my earlier posts made reference to top end high speeds never having been my aim, and i am simply advocating individual decisions - maybe that makes me a devil??? the above post reiterates a point made by many non bikers - many of whom believe all bikes kill and should be banned - hopefully everyone on here would join together in disuputing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 20:17  

I don't want bikes banned, don't want cars banned, don't want a pony n trap banned, but if you dont control your vehicle in the way that is intended to be controlled on the public roads then I say to those individuals 'don't bother'.
Innocent folk get killed and not just the person who is controlling their vehicle in the in-correct manner. Anyways coming back to this post........i recommend that a MOD put it under the forum 'Motorcycle Racing' to end all these handbag swinging comments , as doing 150mph can only relate to the track!!!!!

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 23/07/2011 20:41  

Thank you scooter, thats my point everyone going on yeah I have done it ... it was a great thrill... loved it, no one has said where when or how they came about doing it!

I know one 26 year old, been riding great for 2 years full licence a year, thought it would be 'fun to see what it felt like to take his bike over a ton, cos he had read it was a thrill'

He now has no legs & no right arm despite having full leathers on at the time, its cost him his job, his life & his family as he suffered mentally after & pushed his girlfriend away & now does not see his 2 kids cos he doesnt want them to see him how he is, he had a blow out at 110

Yes it maybe a thrill but please say how & when not just 'road tested' or 'down hill' both of which sound like out on the roads, bear in mind that not only the people who post here can read it ... anyone, member or not can see it on the net.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2011 20:58  

Those who are against these high speeds...what's your beef with? Breaking the law or the actual speed?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 21:16  

The speeds can be safe, if controlled, on a track etc etc, on a public road are stupid, irresponsible & dangerous, not only to yourself but to others.

However no-one is saying how or where they were done, we all know that some kids are predisposed to stupidity on 2 wheels, so reading what a thrill it is & how good it is ... you may as well say its perfectly safe to wear T shirt shorts & trainers on a bike cos the outcomes can be as bad.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2011 21:23  

But there's no speed limits on some of the IOM or on certain stretches of Autobahn. The speeds are just as potentially lethal though.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 21:30  

LOL I never said I agree with the IOM , lived there for a while & the accidents I saw ... some of them were unbelievable ... as scoot said , not nice to see,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2011 21:32  

So it's the actual speeds. Ok fair enough. So why use the arguement of posting on a public forum and breaking the law. You've seen what your bike can do...haven't you?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 21:38  

No, as I have said 3 times, its the conditions that the speeds are done in that causes the issues. and as I said earlier, posting in a public forum & making it sound like the speeds have been done on the road is irresponsible & dangerous.

As for what my bike can do .. nope I dont know what it can do cos I know it can do more than I can & if I did it would be under controlled environment not on a public road where I could endanger others.

The isle of man does have speed restrictions, it just has no national speed limit, you will still get a fine if you go faster than the roads say, also new drivers cannot go above 50mph

You cannot say well in this country this ... in that country that so it should be acceptable here ... In some countries its legal to marry a 10 year old girl ... we don't find that acceptable !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2011 21:42  

Quite agree Shell which is why I commented about differing circumstances having a bearing on it. I know there are limits on the IOM but there are derestricted areas. Legal yes...safe...hmmmm? I hear what you're saying and agree, to an extent, however you also can't say that a certain speed is wrong because it's against the law either. The law and the speed and two completely separate issues in my opinion.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/07/2011 22:29  

its also a fact that motorcyclists involved in accidents at any speed are more vulnerable - but that is a "risk" that one takes in choice of transport. no RTA is pleasant, but if we wanted a risk free life we wouldnt leave the house (and if we stayed home, we wouldnt use electrical appliances!) - and we certainly woudnt choose 2 wheels as mode of transport!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 23:55  

Glad to see we are all having a healthy debate, especially the ladies.

I started riding 5 years ago. I am a far better driver because of it than I used to be, thanks to all the training and exams especially hazard perception.

Know your limits, like

stay within limits of the road
stay within limits of your machine
and within limits of your skills

never go beyond any one of these or risks increase massively.

All vehicles cars and bikes alike can break any speed limit

Riding any bike can kill you, yet we all do it, cos we feel alive

Just be careful, and stay in your limits

I always do

RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE

Update Reply
svenhassle @ 24/07/2011 23:40  

and heres me thinking you did 150mph everywhere, except by schools and built up areas when you upped a gear to 170mph!!! lol well said sven xxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2011 23:42  

is it ok to do 150mph in third gear then lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2011 00:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email