MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Kirsty's round Britain Challenge (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge

will you be in lancashire anytime on your journey

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 24/07/2011 23:59  

the guy leaves Scotland on the 12 August to ride round Britain, dont know when he's were yet

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/07/2011 03:39  

The website is supposed to be updated daily during his trip detailing where he is expecting to be and when. So we'll know properly then.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/07/2011 07:23  

Hi guys, the trip is around the coast of britain Wales and northern ireland, the hard way, no cheating! (except by boat to ireland), so there will be loads of places to tag along

In case kirstyskids.org website goes awol, i shall try my best to keep you guys updated on Johns whereabouts.

He may even pop in here!

And Wenders, i would like to do the Wales in part to if i can

Update Reply
mungybear @ 26/07/2011 21:12  

Hey Mungybear, yeah would love to do some of the wales part, cant get no sense out of website so updates as to when and where would be great, cheers

Update Reply
wenders @ 26/07/2011 21:25  

I'll join you on Whitby to Humber if dates work out ok.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 26/07/2011 21:33  

let you know as soon as we have dates Harry or was it Ken

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/07/2011 21:35  

theres not many times im lost for words but this is one he can count on a donation and i will hopefully be able to tag on when he hits the welsh coast as thats the closest to me . all the best to fella if it was one of mine dont know what i would do

Update Reply
johno @ 26/07/2011 21:45  

Here's the link to the planned route. Assuming day 1 on the plan is August 12th should be able to work out dates and locations from that. http://www.kirstyskids.org/john.pdf If the link doesn't work, from the kirstyskids website click on the fundraising link, scroll to bottom of the page, and there's a link to the PDF route. I'm going to check my dates and hopefully join the ride from North Lincs through to Suffolk.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 30/07/2011 00:44  

hi people hopefully be able to join in the ride through lincs into norfolk but if is held up there is a bath and bed for him about 10 miles out side boston

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 31/07/2011 22:39  

Okay folks, got a bit more news for you....

if you go to www.kirstyskids.org and click on "Johns location on route" it will open a new window called viewranger. It is updated every 20 mins so you can meet him where and when you like.

I just checked his location and currently he is just off the coast of Africa so i am hoping he can swim back to shore in time for the off tomorrow!

Update Reply
mungybear @ 11/08/2011 13:33  

small correction...the location updares every hour now due to him hitting the maximun allowed updates too soon

Update Reply
mungybear @ 12/08/2011 11:56  

look here.....

http://www.facebook.com/kirstyskids

and

http://www.viewranger.com/buddybeacon/v2/?bb[]=johncbry...t.com;2802

to keep upto date

Update Reply
mungybear @ 15/08/2011 12:35  

Just recently learnt that John is further around his trip than anticipated having discovered he has just spent a day or two with some friends over in Hornsea and that he left there on Friday to continue his trip!

So it appears that the Whitby to Humber run is probably off lol.

Quick check on viewranger shows his last plotted position as approaching Colchester if anyone is interested in meeting up with John.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/08/2011 07:14  

Yes he is certainly moving quick on a 125!!! I managed to catch up with him at boston and rode around the coast to great yarmouth on Sunday.

I must add that he is not doing this the easy way. "A" roads taken only when they are closest to the sea, other than that its B roads and tiny minor roads if its labelled "beach" or such like. In his words, "where the tarmac meets the sea, thats where the tyres will touch the sand".

So thats EVERY dead end road taken to the sea!!!

John is a very determined man and stops only at a red light!!!

I know some of us missed him, but there is always a point of catching him on his way back up through Wales. I shall be trying for this one.

To be absolutely sure give him a call, leave a message and he will return the call. try to be nearby when you call, not just setting off from home.

Thanks for the continued interest guys

Update Reply
mungybear @ 24/08/2011 09:23  

Just recieved this from Kirstys facebook site

Kirsty's Kids Matthew thanks for your support I would love to have as many bikers meet up as possible it was what Kirsty had dreamed of I tried to get her to think about what she was going to undertake she said thats ok dad bikers will come to help me and they have fantastic.

Update Reply
mungybear @ 24/08/2011 10:56  

I'll certainly be looking out for when he will be in Wales and try my best to join on the South to West to North Wales leg so will keep checking the website.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2011 22:05  

you can call him too

Update Reply
mungybear @ 25/08/2011 08:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email