MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge - Forums [Biker Match] Kirsty's round Britain Challenge - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kirsty's round Britain Challenge

I am posting this as it is for a very good cause and everyone on here can enjoy helping out. Some of you may recall me warning you about the dangerous road between Fort William and Mallig just before your Scottish ride out. That is the road where kirsty and her friend died. Kirsty was the sort of person who helped out many not so fortunate children before her death aged 19. Below i have pasted the intro to the thread over at UKB. She joined UKB one evening, then that same evening went out to pick up her brother, and sadly died on the way.

Here is that post....

Guys I posted on about my daughter Kirsty joining and we had a really good time last evening she was so excited about joining everyone on here and was looking to raise cash for the wee guys new limbs. Kirsty had rallied some kids together as always trying to raise cash and was going to ride round the UK coast on her 125 to raise cash.

At 845pm she having registered on line as Mighty Mouse left to go to Fort William to collect her we brother from youth club.

She was desperate to meet everyone on here and we waited for her to come home from the club. My son Dougie called me to say she hadnt arrived at 1045pm.

When Kirsty didn't show up he phoned me. I drove out to look for her car thinking she'd broken down but found some marks on the verge on an un barriered stretch of road. I gropped around in the dark and found the car upside down in the loch kirsty has been taken from us last night despite swimming out and diving into the car a was able to get her to the banking but it was too late.

We ask that any donations be made in her memory to the wee lad for his new prosthetic limbs.

I will update when the funeral will take place.

And for the round britain challenge

The night Mighty Mouse joined UKB she wanted to ride round the UK coast in July thats this July coming to raise cash for her beloved sick kids. As this is no longer possible I have decided to go in her memory to keep her good work alive that means we have opened the KIRSTY BRYDEN MEMORIAL TRUST and I intend to keep her selfless compasionate memory alive by raising her profile and helping others to get inspiration from kirstys way of life in her un faltering devotion to helping, nursing, caring and fund raising for the hundreds of children she looked after in her sort 19 years.

I have kept her wee bike taxed and tested in the shed and am setting off in July to circumnavigate the UK coast including Welsh Wales. Mighty Mouse was going to post this challenge and wanted to meet up with as many of you guys as possible on route to help her along the way.

Sadly you now have the mad hairy Highlander to contend with.

I will post dates next week and Mrs H will keep you posted on my whereabouts so any free coastal bed would be appreciated.

Oh and perhaps a bucket of warm soapy water.

I will have a tent and am going to go north first then down the east coast and back up the west. on a wee rusty CG125

As much company publicity and support on route as possible please.

Here is where you can find out more about it

http://video.stv.tv/bc/stv-news-at-six-north-20110704/

Update Reply
mungybear @ 06/07/2011 10:53  

Thanks for posting this mungybear.. Kirsty sounded like a truly inspirational girl, such a sad waste of life. R.I.P Kirsty and all the best to her Father... Good Luck Mr Bryden

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/07/2011 11:04  

How tragic! Reading this made me cry. What a selfless young woman. I wish you all the best in raising those funds and safe journeys while you do it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2011 11:39  

as a dad it had me in tears still can't se the screen, how about a group of us meeting him

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/07/2011 13:26  

mungybear do you know if they have a website for the ride

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/07/2011 13:34  

RIP Kirsty, you're a true inspiration thanks to mungy for bringing this to our attention, I will be making a donation when I can

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/07/2011 14:18  

quite incredible. wish you every success with your ride.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2011 14:39  

Quite unbelievable! That is just too young an age to be taken from us and one who was obviously so selfless too.
Like the idea BikerBill. Just need to find out where he is and when and join him for a spell for support!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 06/07/2011 15:24  

the web site is www.kirstyskids.org i think they will also be putting it on facebook so its easier to track his progress and meet up if you want to. i shall be meeting him up in whitby and travel with him as far as i can towards skegness. also there is an ireland leg planned. i will try to keep you guys updated. thanks for your support. Matt

Update Reply
mungybear @ 06/07/2011 15:44  

That is so sad. How cruel life can be, but, what a beautiful and noble thing for a Father to do, in honour of his child. The true definition or a real "Dad".

Thanks to Mungybear for posting this, a very worthy cause. R I P Kirsty

Update Reply
clarkee @ 06/07/2011 18:10  

if i can Mb i will join you in Whitby and ride down to the Humber bridge is there anyone elise going to join us or willing to take over from the Humber bridge and how about some one joining him for the run down to Whitby or anywhere on his route
Think we also need a collection

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/07/2011 18:44  

Such a sad but inspirational story, if you want to donate take a look the kirstyskids web site, there's a donation section on there, unless your looking to do something specific, en mass, from BM

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2011 21:35  

Blimey mungybear thats hard to swallow as a parent i cant even begin to understand how he felt finding her that way .

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/07/2011 21:54  

Oookay, the web site www.kirstyskids.org has been updated, still not fully finished, but please have a look at it.

Looks like he will be setting off on the 12th August, and he is looking for as much support as possible......ride along, mechanics if he breaks down, somewhere to sleep, and of course donations.

Take a look at the site for details.

Cheers,

Matt

Update Reply
mungybear @ 21/07/2011 10:25  

Hey guys and gals, anyone interested in meeting up south wales ish to ride with John up to north wales??????? Will find out route and dates.

Update Reply
wenders @ 21/07/2011 10:38  

bump

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/07/2011 14:04  

I'll ride down to the Humber from Whitby with you Bill.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/07/2011 19:01  

And I've just donated.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/07/2011 19:05  

great Geoff as soon as they release dates i'l get in touch, anyone elise joining us

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/07/2011 19:12  

when are you meeting in Whitby Bill?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2011 21:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email