MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Will I get more speed from a smaller sprocket?

Will I get more speed from a smaller sprocket? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Will I get more speed from a smaller sprocket? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Will I get more speed from a smaller sprocket?

oh, and maybe, just maybe depending on where the speedo pick up is, altering the gearing may affect your speedo reading. I suspect yours will be off the front wheel so wont affect it.

Mine on the other hand is on the front sprocket and adding a tooth there (equivalent to taking 3 off the back) brought my speedo more to true...i.e. instead of 10% over reading, its now 3% over reading.

Update Reply
mungybear @ 05/07/2011 09:15  

big girl i did not notice you were a big girl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 00:08  

I remember nearly 3 yrs ago when I was choosing a 125. Two dealers in mind, one was saying a bit like GUNS, go for the 2 stroke for power comparison, and the other saying similar to S24_SDJ, but they said about every 12k for a rebuild. In the end I went for a CBR125R. But same as what Geoff’s saying, I would go for the test and get yourself a 500/600. I found power wise it was quantum leaps compared to a 125. Not just that, 2 yrs ago when I passed the basic, I was tempted to go for a black ninja 250 that would’ve cost just over £4K new, but my current bike (ZX-6R) in the same showroom, was a grand less but with an extra 60+ BHP! (2002 reg). The moral of story is the same price you would pay for a brand new 125 or 250cc bike, would be a lot less power even against the bigger bike albeit it has age.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 20:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email