MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you?

Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you?

A mates got one of these big Kawasaki cruiser things,looks liks/sounds like/rides like a Harley
(Loads cheaper and hasn't broken down yet)

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 27/06/2011 18:56  

Sprint I had a Kawasaki VN 1500 cc and it looked like a heritage was shaft drive so no maintence there - I loved it, traded it in for the Strreet Bob. I do miss it to be honest.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 27/06/2011 20:13  

Harleys do look the part I must say.On a similar vein a guy I used to work for had a brand new Ducati 916,he bought a Yam R6 to 'potter' on,realised it did all he was able to on a bike-the 916 now lives on a plinth in his pool room!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 27/06/2011 20:32  

i'm jealous bobkat, mine still isn't running properly! - i put it down to the character of the bike!! i just sometimes wish it was a more 'i'm gonna start and run today' character! but when it is going properly - fantastic.
don't mind saying (leaving myself open to ridicule!) i rode a sportsbike a while back (some zx thing with hoover pipes on the tank! - i think) and it scared the s%$ out of me, i don't need to go that fast! i'll take my unreliable harley anyday!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/06/2011 23:10  

maybe they vibrate like a washing machine on fast spin thats why the ladies like them ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 27/06/2011 23:54  

I think so Wheely!!! Tractor for me - way too slow - but they are fun for the odd ride out. Each to his/her own ofc. For me its not the top end - but the acceleration and feeling that front wheel lift as you power on coming out of a bend still lent over - scary as shit but oh so exhilirating!!!!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 28/06/2011 01:10  

Well i spent most of last weekend on the back of Joes HD Sportster ( custom ) one of the older ones. I found it uncomfortable and felt every pothole and bump On the one hand i love the roar of it ( pipes have been changed !) and i must admit it's a lovely looking bike but having spent the last few months on the back of his Triumph Sprint ( also one of the older ones ) Well there is no contest I love the Trumpet ..... the speed, the smoothness ,the comfort, and boy can it handle the twists and holds up well in strong winds I have had jap bikes myself for the last few years and i loved my cbf but as has been said ....each to their own and ride safe everyone whatever your choice of steed .....HB x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 28/06/2011 18:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email