MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Clothing on motorcycle test

Clothing on motorcycle test (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Clothing on motorcycle test (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Clothing on motorcycle test

and what if, after we all conform unquestioningly to the above requirements, they then decide in a few years time that protective clothing should be on a par with that worn by professionals - ie one piece leathers, back protectors et al. does everyone then simply start wearing them too - despite many ridiculing sportsbike riders with the tag "power rangers"?? with regard the poor buggers who have to clean up the mess, do we ban young male car drivers, given their propensity to crash and make a mess?? where is the line to be drawn and what can we do when they decide to draw that line somewhere we dont like??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 20:49  

mandy.original1 I am not condoning the DSA.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Personally I don't wear one piece leathers that is down to choice. <o:p></o:p>
I have never heard them referred to as "power rangers".<o:p></o:p>
I wear 2 piece, leather trousers with armoured knees and either old school leather jacket (summer) and winter man made fabric jacket with armour everywhere. I ride in all weather no matter how cold or how wet. I prefer to have the reassurance of armour as a get older. I don't think that one piece leathers will ever be compulsory, due to the cost. I know a few riders who are (dare I say) a little on the big side. They would have to kill quite a few cows to fit them out!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Your comment regarding young, reckless car drivers. If they choose to drive that way they should be taken off the road by mean s of a ban.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/08/2011 21:15  

just mandy is fine davidneale!! lol
the whole point is, they may say at the moment protective clothing as listed above, but who's to say it will stop there, and how would you feel if you were told that you had to wear very specific clothing that was different to what you would choose to wear?? i hadnt heard of the term "power rangers" until i joined here a few months ago!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 21:23  

mandy I would not be at all happy if I had to wear anything other than my prefered kit! I don't know what one piece leathers are like in sub zero temperatures, but I think they may not be as warm as my choice of protection. I have heard a few expresions on here such as "chicken strips". I thought they were talking about KFC! I dare say I will hear a few more.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/08/2011 21:43  

lol just cause its your choice of protection doesnt mean it will, in the long run, be acceptable to the powers that be! - if they slip this non-legislative legislation in through the back door, where will it end?? xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 21:50  

As some of you know I'm in Portugal at the moment and all the locals I have seen are in shorts and tee-shirts on bikes. In fact i've not seen one person 'leathered up'. Although I do not ride like that myself usually, I believe in freedom of choice even though I have heard all the sad stories and cost for hospitalisation etc.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 12/08/2011 18:21  

i wonder what they would make of the hidden armour coming on to the market now its lidhtweight mesh with all the armour added you weare it under your normal clothes surposed to be for warm weather i am saving up for a full set which i think is ideal

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 23:20  

I saw a girl riding a scooter in a summer dress come off she scraped most the skin off one her arms.

Update Reply
Ho4701 @ 28/09/2011 20:32  

Shell, when seatbelts were made compulsory the accident rate increased dramatically.. people were driving faster because they felt less vulnerable.

Bloody 'Ouch!' for your partner, mate.. looks like the boots did their job though.

Added: oops, I missed a whole page, sry(!)

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 07/10/2011 03:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email