MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Honesty?

Honesty? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Honesty? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Honesty?

Yup I've heard that many times, to be a good liar you have to have a good memory.... that definately rules me out. Who am I btw

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 21/06/2011 18:09  

honest as the day is long ! but would you believe me ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/06/2011 18:25  

Well those that know me have always said I don't suffer fools gladly and say it how I see it and I expect the same back from my friends. Trust is a fragile thing and if you catch someone out in one lie how can you trust anything they have said or their motivation for the things they do.

I know some people think it's more important to try and spare peoples feelings and will bend the truth to suit the situation but I don't subscribe to that school of thought. You may end up with fewer friends but the ones you end up with are worth a 100 of the sort that can't be trusted.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 21/06/2011 18:42  

Would be great if we all told the truth but thats just never going to happen. just ask your MP

Update Reply
JP @ 21/06/2011 19:00  

theres honesty and theres honesty,,, A new employer can ask for an uptodate cv and your expected not to tell lies on it,,,

you get a new hair do which is awfull and ask your man ,, do you like it?? does he say yes its great just to please you? or say actually no i dont,,,

a little white lie to save somebody you care about pain is ok as long as there are no repercusions ie>> why didnt you tell me !!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 21/06/2011 19:00  

Sorry boody but I belive if you don't want to hear a negative response then you shouldn't ask people the question, that goes or hair cuts or more important things. There's far to much bending the truth around these days and if it's Ok to lie to spare someones feeling where do you draw the line and who's to say the line you draw is the same line that another person will draw.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 21/06/2011 19:14  

I gotta go with Gloom on that one ...

If Ian told me a 'white lie' ... yes darling you look lovely in that & then I saw my mom, who is more direct than me & would say 'what made you pick that you look awful/fat/washed out whatever' it would hurt more that he did not tell the truth & I went out in something that was not right instead of being truthful

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/06/2011 19:20  

Does my a**e look big in this or Is my B*m as big as her's overthere,
Come on ladies what should the right answer be then. Personally when my wife asks me these she gets the truth "Yes to both" and then the fight starts <!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 21/06/2011 19:34  

WB - alot of the time it's a confidence thing so you are never going to be right.... whatever you say.

I would rather be told if it looks poop but tbh if i really wanted to wear it then it wouldnt really matter what other people thought i looked like in it, cos if it makes me feel good then i'm wearing it...end of !!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 21/06/2011 19:54  

damn right feisty good answer,, if i was asked my opinion on anything i do like to be honest but,, allways carefull how i say it,,

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 21/06/2011 20:00  

BJ hit the nail on the head (tact, diplomacy and consideration). A good percentage of peeps on here have probably been victim to life changing lies, so we know how much pain they can cause, but occasionally being 'economical with the facts' to save someone's feelings isn't a bad thing. It also depends on who you're talking to, some people welcome brutal honesty, others are destroyed by it. If her bum is as big as Belgium, save her feelings and just say Luxembourg... Simple.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 21/06/2011 22:20  

Honesty, definately. I would never deliberately hurt someone by an answer I knew they wouldn't like, it's not what you say but how you say it so I would tactfully be honest, depending on the person. My best friends know they'll get a blunt honest answer to anything but that's what they expect and vice versa. I would never ask anyone if my a--e looked big in something, I don't care, I wear what feels comfortable for me, but anything else, I would want a direct, honest answer, why ask otherwise? Anne

Update Reply
shorty1961 @ 21/06/2011 22:41  

Have to agree with you there FG ...

I must say ... sometimes someone being 'honest' is a perception rather than a truth ... Just cos its said ... doesnt make it true ... IMO

Also have to agree with Jackie ... Tact n Diplomacy are a must with me.
Being 'honest' should NEVER be a license to inflict emotional or mental hurt on another person.
Thats not honesty IMO thats Malice

Again ... Just my ikkle opinion :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 21/06/2011 22:46  

I'm with shorty, if someone asks my opinion then they'll get the truth, I don't have to say it in a horrible way however. In another community people would put up Poser work for feedback and I earned the title of "Critic". I always aimed for it to be positive and constructive however.

That doesn't mean I go out looking for a fight.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 22/06/2011 20:47  

meny a truth said in jest
meny a lie sied in anger

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/06/2011 20:51  

Whatever the situation, honesty always pays.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 10:45  

up honesty is best but with women you can't win!!!!

Perhaps a joke will help to illustrate.
A man and woman are leaving a movie. The woman asks, “Do you think Sigourney Weaver is pretty?”
The guy knows this is potential trouble, but he also knows he has to answer.
“Well, yeah, she's ok I guess,” he says, trying not to sound at all enthusiastic. Nothing else is said and the guy feels relieved.
Two weeks later they are in a restaurant having dinner.
“How’s the food?” she asks.
“A little dry,” he says.
“Well, then,” she says, her tone snide and suddenly hostile, “Maybe you should have had Sigourney Weaver make it for you!”

It’s a funny joke, and might be best left to the realm of humor until you consider that this is how many men live their lives; trying their best to not say the wrong thing, even if they have to lie, and constantly being set up with a series of questions for which there is no right answer.
Come on guys you've all been there and girls you've all put someone there at least once?????????????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 12:00  

Question ....

How many of us have been bought a gift for whatever occasion by a loved one, (especially Grannies and frickin knitted jumpers) who gave it genuinely believing it was something you would love and hated it???? Are these things in the back of the wardrobe or drawer or did you say ' i dont like it' ???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/06/2011 12:09  

mmm
like dose my bum look big in this

im my case yes it dose i have a big bum

but no what u meen

Update Reply
kaycat @ 23/06/2011 12:11  

Whattttt !
Lardy says your bum is well proportioned and is just the rite size for him lol xx

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 24/06/2011 16:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email