MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Camping at Borwick Hall

Camping at Borwick Hall - Forums [Biker Match] Camping at Borwick Hall - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Camping at Borwick Hall

I have arranged the opportunity to camp at Borwick Hall Carnforth Lancs over the w/e 29/30 July (easy access 5 mins jct 34 M6). Borwick Hall is a outdoor ed centre (where I work) it is a Tudor manor house set in its own grounds, and if you wish to have a go at archery, canoeing or climbing, leap of faith etc (all kit provided) on the Sat, I will supervise that (qualified instructor). If not, & you fancy a ride out, the Lakes/yorkshire Dales are only 30 mins away, or just chill out in the grounds. On the Sunday I will lead a ride out over a couple of the Lake district passes for those that would be interested. Sat night could be a chill out around a bonfire or there is a local pub (meals) a short distance away. The cost to camp will be £25 for the w/e (no charge for toilets/showers) or if you want a room in the converted stables (limited) it will be £20pppn. We can also have the use of a couple of the public rooms. To keep the costs down for using the centre you will have to provide your own food & drink. There are photos on my profile of the camp area and rooms. Thanks for looking, please copy & paste below if you fancy attending. Attending : triple1

Update Reply
triple1 @ 19/06/2011 19:51  

Whoooo hoooo, this will be fab! We went there today with onabikeagin Dave, and were really impressed. Set in fantastic grounds, and a beautiful building, a really really lovely place . Don't think that by attending you have to participate in activities, although who will be able to resist a bit of archery lol Attending : triple1 Blackberry laimdan

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 19/06/2011 20:05  

Sounds great but after cornwall trip dont fancy another long Motorway trip

Update Reply
JP @ 19/06/2011 20:08  

Sounds like a gr8 weekend away count me in please, will sort out borrowing the vfr for the weekend , if i aint got a bike sorted by then :)

Attending :

triple1
Blackberry
laimdan
Shawy42

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 19/06/2011 20:08  

Will see what my shifts are I should know in next week or so

Sounds like fun, tho do people really want to be near me when I have a bow and arrow in my hands hehehehe

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/06/2011 20:48  

Sounds like fun to me too ...and boy do I need some !!

Attending :

triple1
Blackberry
laimdan
Shawy42
Alice 2

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/06/2011 20:53  

oh no!, how much is body armour ?b/berry and shell ! ! !

Update Reply
bkr @ 19/06/2011 20:54  

erm ................. BJ with a bow and arrow i believe is actually illegal !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/06/2011 09:48  

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME - COUNT ME IN - CAN SOMEONE PUT THE POST CODE UP SO I CAN CHECK HOW TO GET THERE PLEASE

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 20/06/2011 09:53  

bj with that hat on i think anything either sharp or pointed will just be wrong. I might check my shifts. Ah just remembered its shut down fortnight, buggar :-(

Update Reply
SPESH @ 20/06/2011 09:56  

This will be another great event, if only to watch those that believe they can still do these things . Really nice indoor areas to sit and relax and if needs be we can get a roaring fire going!! No problem drying clothes for those that get wet whilst canoeing!! And if we're really lucky we might get to use the outdoor barbecues! On top of all that a lovely ride out on the Sunday Just need a couple more to submit this to events. Address: Borwick Hall Residential Complex Borwick Carnforth Lancashire LA6 1JU Attending : triple1 Blackberry laimdan Shawy42 Alice PHOTOGRAPHER1

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 20/06/2011 11:25  

Count me in . . . . Attending : triple1 Blackberry laimdan Shawy42 Alice PHOTOGRAPHER1 DaftUn

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 20/06/2011 12:25  

this sounds right up my street and great fun, count me in Attending : triple1 Blackberry laimdan Shawy42 Alice PHOTOGRAPHER1 DaftUn kfoggy67

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 20/06/2011 13:07  

Whooo hoo, Karen and Kay, knew you'd both be up for this..... I've put some pics on my profile Attendees: triple1 Blackberry laimdan Shawy42 Alice PHOTOGRAPHER1 DaftUn kfoggy67

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 20/06/2011 13:11  

okeydokey karen, will have a look

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 20/06/2011 13:29  

triple 1, how lucky are you to work somewhere like that!

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 20/06/2011 13:31  

Hi Karen

just checked out them photos karen wow............ mark must smile every morning when he turns up for work the lucky bugger

pete

x

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 20/06/2011 13:32  

Yup we said that... Mark has some pics on his profile too if you haven't checked them out. Attendees: triple1 Blackberry laimdan Shawy42 Alice PHOTOGRAPHER1 DaftUn kfoggy67

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 20/06/2011 14:01  

well thats my room booked

Attendees:

triple1
Blackberry
laimdan
Shawy42
Alice
PHOTOGRAPHER1
DaftUn
kfoggy67

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 20/06/2011 21:41  

Pete,
yep, great place to work, if it's not on site I'm in the Lakes etc. I just play out all day.

Update Reply
triple1 @ 20/06/2011 21:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email