MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

2 interesting and difficult questions

2 interesting and difficult questions - Forums [Biker Match] 2 interesting and difficult questions - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

2 interesting and difficult questions

Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion? Read the next question before looking at the response for this one. Question 2: It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates. Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day. Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening. Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never committed adultery. Which of these candidates would be our choice? Decide first... No peeking, and then scroll down for the response. Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt. Candidate B is Winston Churchill. Candidate C is Adolf Hitler. And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven. Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 16/06/2011 19:35  

Hey BL that's very deep but true, we often judge people too quickly and often that's purely on appearances.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2011 19:55  

I got Winnie and I don't like classical music, So I got it right. So what do I win?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 16/06/2011 19:58  

Thanks BL...its so easy to judge others .

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 16/06/2011 21:11  

Food for thought Alice....any more?

Update Reply
loving it @ 16/06/2011 21:26  

Hmmmmmmm says a lot about me that I clocked hitler straight off... even though he wasn't a decorated war hero.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2011 00:20  

Wow that’s amazing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2011 08:07  

Hey Trish nice one and all too true at times, rem folks always give somebody a chance to show you whether they are good bad or indifferent and in Trish's case just luverley lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/06/2011 09:45  

a good post bandit,, it echoes what ive been saying on here for the last few years,, sadly there are people who are so shallow that if you dont have the looks slam the door in your face before youve said hello,,!!

peace n love xx boody

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/06/2011 10:30  

That is so true Boody, looks are'nt everything, learnt that lesson in my early twenties, gorgeous looking guy with the personality of a slug and an ego bigger than everest lol! For me it's the personality that matters be it in a partner or a friend. Anne

Update Reply
shorty1961 @ 17/06/2011 14:04  

wow thats was really surprising!! i think having a good personality is very important too!

Update Reply
46kittykatt46 @ 17/06/2011 16:00  

THE MESSAGE IS ABOUT MAKING ASSUMPTIONS

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/06/2011 16:14  

yep ! as in "dont"

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/06/2011 17:33  

yep boody.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/06/2011 17:41  

seems most including myself thought it was about judging people,

having studied history tho, I find Its strange how attitudes towards things change as time goes by, Churchills raciest comments of Natives not being fit to lead, would not be tolerated nowadays, neither would FDR's sanctions relating to those of Japanese decent. and whilst Hitler was undoubtedly one of the worst human beings in history, he did a lot of good for Germany, as can be found in history books, and as many Germans, including my step sisters, will agree, at the time he was backed by an awful lot of the country.

so good people doing bad things ... or bad people doing good things ?

Yes very difficult question to answer BL

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/06/2011 17:48  

It is about making assumptions and being far to quick to make judgements. I inlude in some of my training sessions and it really does make people stop and think, which is what it is supposed to do I guess.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/06/2011 17:55  

But the fact is, its human nature, everyone does it at some point or another, and by making assumptions we learn about life not all assumptions are bad ones

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/06/2011 18:05  

In my profession and with my qualified training, I have been taught that assumptions should never be made without exhausting the possibilties of evidence. At times it is difficult, but to assume makes an 'Ass' out of 'U' and 'Me'.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/06/2011 18:21  

I have been taught that assumptions should never be made without exhausting the possibilties of evidence

As someone qualified in counselling and trained in sociology & psychology, training tells you certain assumptions have to be made, you have to assume that someone is at a session cos they want help, as a pet owner I have to assume my vet knows what he is on about when he starts talking about my cats illness, when I had surgery I assumed my Dr was correct in his diagnosis and knew the best outcomes ...

When looking in the dictionary the words Assume & Trust both have the same words associated with them, rely, take for granted, unquestioning,

As I said, not all assumptions are bad

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/06/2011 19:05  

now now ladies look at me , ................ and tell me im not mad

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 17/06/2011 19:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email