MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New name for BikerMatch

New name for BikerMatch (5) - Forums [Biker Match] New name for BikerMatch (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New name for BikerMatch

Well I for one didnt join BM as a dating site, but i see the attraction for those who would, I personally think Whatever you decide on should reflect both sides of the coin, also the fact that when you are a member you are NEVER alone, ie the tech help section and lift requests etc! the site has it all, for everybody. run by bikers and enjoyed by bikers. I'm thinking along the lines of " Bikerworld" Because, thats what it is! a whole new world for the biker, Whatever you ride, Whatever you like, Whatever you do, And whatever you need, Its all here on this World!!! The Bikerworld! And you are only spinning the "M" upside down! Oh and if you spelt it Bikerwurld, its available Matt!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 13/06/2011 01:55  

I agree about the site name, if it's not broken, don't fix it. I also like the idea of the name appearing as 'BM' on merchandise.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 13/06/2011 07:47  

BM is good for me , basically mental says it all really lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/06/2011 09:39  

Well how about 'Bike joy' and the fact that can join free.....pmsl..... then the t-pshirt would read ........' BJ Free' .....ha ha ha that would go down well at the Bulldog bash' ...pardon the pun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2011 09:57  

hey if it said BJ free does that mean i cant go lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/06/2011 10:07  

Oooooooo I so want to comment, but I think I'd get banned !!!!!! :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 13/06/2011 13:42  

Blimey WB are you ok ?????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/06/2011 14:10  

Just being a good boy :-))

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 13/06/2011 14:42  

like i said are you feeling ok ?????????????????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/06/2011 14:51  

how about www.thejoysofnakedbiking.com<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
That'll get a few hits

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 13/06/2011 16:17  

BM'ers = Bummers

if you are going for Biker Match & Meets then how about

www.bmm.co.uk or www.bmm.com

Its available

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2011 16:26  

Think we're just gonna stick with the current name now. Need to get a tattoo artist to come up with something funky with the initials B M though. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/06/2011 17:00  

Hey Matt spoke to friends today they are gonna put an email together with logo and varios merchandice they can do and quotes They already do a load of stuff for bands and have previosly had dealings with other bike sites so will forward onto you when it arrives should be good

Update Reply
jabecs @ 13/06/2011 18:47  

I quite like The Dark Ones suggestion of Bikerworld.
Bikermatch does sound more like a dating site and that's not the reason I and I suspect others joined.
I'm not renewing this weekend and that's one of the reasons. If I'm not an isolated case that suggests it is broken.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 17/06/2011 09:23  

LTGR You said your resons for joining BM were not as a dating site so why did you join ? if it was the social side and you enjoyed it why leave dont make much sence to me. As for it being broken its not broken it has developed into more than a dating site, it bring so much to the hundreds of bikers both male and female who dont have many riding buddys to ride or just dont like doing just the big rallys

Update Reply
JP @ 17/06/2011 10:12  

Yep it was for the social side JP. Following a motorcycle racing accident my licences were revoked for what turned out to-be 5 years. After a further year of driving the car I hired a bike, that went pretty good. 2 days later cancer was diagnosed, so that took priority.

If me turning up for rallies in a car was acceptable that would-be OK, but that restricts me a lot.
Long story, but all my camping equipment is race orientated and therefore not suitable for bike transportation.

In short my personal circumstances don't fit the target customer for this site anymore. It's that simple.

If there was more interaction and activity on the forums on the forums I might-be interested.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 17/06/2011 11:16  

The BM rally is car friendly so are the camps we have so I don't see the problem your talking about or am I just thick

Update Reply
JP @ 17/06/2011 11:25  

LTG sounds like you've had a real bad run of luck and circumstance.

I know some rallies are very strict on the no car rule, all i can say is anything that we organise is everybodt friendly, whether its a camp, a day out, a night out etc.

When you say more interaction , in what respect??

And for yur circumstances what would you like to see more off???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/06/2011 11:33  

That's restrictive for-me in itself JP, I quite appreciate that but it becomes just BM events I'm restricted to which doesn't really suit me TBH.
I'm better off IMO keeping in touch with my "old-crowd" and rekindling some old friendships I've met on FB. And anyway the toilets are better at race meetings.

Bit late in the day for me to be making suggestion BJ and;
a/ it's not my site.
b/On the face of it my circumstances are pretty unusual, but the areas/people I know they're not. In fact I'm one of the lucky ones IMO. I didn't get the wheelchair job. (Spent a long time with a zimmer and sticks though.)

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 17/06/2011 12:05  

hi LTGTR , dont think weve spoken , if you have a blue badge , you are more than welcome at 88% of the rallies , or better still get yourself on the back of a trike and let mrs get you there ...... join BTW because there are a lot of disabled riders , and check out "trikes r us" in cambridgeshire its an awesum event

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 17/06/2011 12:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email