MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Manners (or lack of)

Manners (or lack of) (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Manners (or lack of) (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Manners (or lack of)

i think suzi does have a point, but if someone sends you a pm, surely once opened it takes a few seconds to send a reply, just not replying is ignorant imo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2011 18:02  

Maybe I'm too polite, but even in a pub, I'd just politely decline. I'm not saying an essay is needed, but a simple thanks but I'm not interested, or whatever it is, isn't much

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 05/06/2011 18:11  

Hi Suzi,
No hate mail here lmao!!
You do have a point in those circumstances , had it happen myself, a guy asks you to dance or won't leave you alone after he's had a polite 'no thank you' then I will just turn and walk off but at least he had a 'no thanks' so knew where he stood.

Yes, I admit to doing a runner once but had no choice lol! Set up on a blind date, was going awful, he pushed for another date, I said no thank you, he wouldn't take no for an answer, so nipped to the loo and out the window, that was many years ago though lol!

Anne

Update Reply
shorty1961 @ 05/06/2011 20:12  

There are some nice people with many words and nice people with few words......but people with no words are a waste of time! About sums it up Phil an I prob class meself under the nice people with few words section. Although I like to think I do some manners, unfortunatley I too have been guilty at times of not keeping peeps informed ...

In my VERY weak defence .. Ive had me head up me arse for a little while lately due to different circumstances ...... But to instigate an arrangement to meet someone, then no contact .. .. thats weird !!!! why go to the bother of the arrangining This opinion is mine .. I paid good money for it lol

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 05/06/2011 20:28  

lol Anne!!! Yus i have to agree if you have arranged to meet someone i dont see the point in just not turning up - htat does seem darn rude ... but unfrotunately there is a lot of rude peeps oot there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2011 21:53  

Have to take the good with the bad

Don't give a moby number out until your sure it's worth it as even then it's a risk.

But the bottom line of it is if they don't make an effort then they are the ones who lose and aren't worth your time/worry anywayz

Madz

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/06/2011 22:43  

Good thread Anne

Ive not been on here that long and ive had the decency to reply to any that have mailed me, ive been brought up to be polite and acknowledge a person and take the time out to get to know people, what does p*ss me off is when you are a genuine person here to meet likewise folk and the liars cheaters players skrew it up for them, or a person looks into it more then friendship and youve not even met them, but just going to be a pilly off them for a ride to a social meet.

Its just made me even more weary to folk and its a real shame as ive met/talked to few people who are genuine, but will only go through reccomendation off long standing members now for a lift or ill drive myself to events.

sal x :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2011 18:39  

Hopefully (as you'll all find out one day) I am who I am say what I mean and mean what I say... I have a propensity towards talking about shite and probably come across as a right goober... But my hearts in the right place (I think)....u can never have too many mates but anyone who doesn't want to start out as friends must be nuts... At least that way you can get to know them a bit rather than going in all guns blazing and realising that actually the chemistry aint there.... I for one have done the 'just going to the loo' when I've pulled and my brain ain't committing to what my bod wants to do (whoops) but then paid the price the week after when he recognised my tattoo by having to run from pub to pub before finally giving in and telling him why I ran off....he found it highly amusing thank god! all I can say is if u think u'r going to regret it then don't do it lmao xx

Update Reply
mizzi @ 08/06/2011 21:05  

kudos and high5s to mizzi for using the word GOOBER pmsl xx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 08/06/2011 21:34  

Hi Sal,
Yeah! it's just the way it is unfortunately, but there are genuine people out there. That said, I want to meet up with a person till I feel at ease before heading off into the great blue yonder with them lol! Had a few offers of a rideout but they didn't want to meet up first so that's a no no for me.
I don't let the liars and timewasters bother me anymore, not worth it but your right, they do screw it up for the decent ones, but decent people will come along, just takes time and patience and nothing wrong in being a bit wary, not for the ladies anyway.

Anne

Update Reply
shorty1961 @ 10/06/2011 22:28  

At the risk of sounding old I guess it's the "modern" way really and IMO the 'net only allows even worse.
Is that too cynical?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 10/06/2011 23:15  

Hmm - I guess I think its rude not to reply so hence I dont often PM people - the odd one I have sent to on here has replied. Really dont think it takes much effort to reply either way, and ofc it depends what people are looking for. There is no excuse (short of accident) for not letting someone know if you cant make a meeting - and not bothering is just crap imo. That said Im personally am not into long exchanges of e-mails - prefer to chat / meet up / make friends and have a laugh. LIFE is too short for any shit really and you really dont know whats around the corner so best to just get on with it.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 10/06/2011 23:43  

IT takes alsorts to make a world. and if you let someone down it wont start a war! just get on with lifewithout a grudge, it will eventually work out and with use of respected manner in the end all will be forgiven. so sorry.

Update Reply
crasy lady @ 11/06/2011 23:52  

Personally, I don't do small talk in real life so I'm certainly not going to waste time typing it. Send a message by all means, but if you've got nothing to say then just nod.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 12/06/2011 00:23  

Good post Anne. Manners go a long way. There’s nothing worse than apparently being rude to someone. But I totally disagree with clarkee (Rob) quote; "I feel I am a polite and friendly person in real life, but, it is a little less personal on here and I suppose if you havent actually met the person in the flesh, you can feel a little "distant" from the situation and it may be easier to just withdraw from communication.” I’m sorry to write, but that kind of ideology is simply not fair. Ofcourse you can feel ‘distant’ from the situation, but how you would ‘withdraw’ from the communication requires tact. Like the saying goes; don’t say it with flowers say it with courage! Ronnie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2011 00:18  

Hi Ronnie,
I agree about feeling 'distant' sometimes when your messaging but it's because people don't know each other, it takes time, same as getting to know someone face to face. If people live quite near to each other, a few emails to break the ice is good then meet up and say hi in person, if all someone wants to do is continually message, nothing else, it can seem distant but again, you get to know each other, just takes a bit of effort. I have a friend of about a year, in the States, we ditched emails for skype and actually talk, much less 'distant' but each to their own.

Anne

Update Reply
shorty1961 @ 13/06/2011 17:26  

well said ronnie x

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 14/06/2011 22:44  

thanks boody x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2011 09:57  

Interesting thread....

I'm a great believer in manners maketh the man (or woman).

It cost nowt to be polite.

I'm new to the site, but can see where people are coming from. It's not hard to nod back. Replying requires time and a little effort. People disappear for all sorts of reasons. I disappeared for over a week simply because my charger broke!

As for people 'that shouldn't be here'....
This here tinternet seems to have allowed people to pretend to be who they want to be rather than who they actually are! I say people even though my personal experience is of women doing it. Why is beyond me. tell lies and it comes back and bites your bum! This dishonesty is rudeness it self.

I am a shy person when people first meet me unless drunk lol (Farmyard goers be warned!). So i can be slow to answer at first and I'm sure there are plenty of others like me. However I do reply. Probably nonsense.. but hey!

As for the net being cold....

It's communication, just like writting a letter etc. So I don't see that as an excuse.

Ok just to prove I'm not rude I'll nod at everyone on this thread

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2011 11:22  

awww heck and i thought id pulled sighhhhhhhhhhh,,

well all i can say is i am who i am and anybody taking the time to talk to me will see that, i dont need to pretend to be something else.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/06/2011 13:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email