MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Leading Insurance says 'No Pillions'

Leading Insurance says 'No Pillions' (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Leading Insurance says 'No Pillions' (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Leading Insurance says 'No Pillions'

I've had a couple of years away from bikes until earlier this year and in the past have never been asked if I will carry a pillion. This time around, when completing an on-line quote this question came up. Generally I do not carry anyone on the back but so as not to restrict myself I answered yes and received my quote. I then went through the process again without the pillion cover and the quote was the same. Better still, there was a voluntary excess included of 250.00 which I then took out and the quote was still the same. End result, no voluntary excess and pillion cover at no additional cost.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 31/07/2011 03:41  

Think its a big con you have insurance to cover 3rd party losses is a pillion not a 3rd party ?

Update Reply
JP @ 31/07/2011 09:37  

There's a conflict between your legal rights and and what some businesses will allow, and certain businesses think that they have won. Take your business elsewhere!

Eek - I've just done a quick calculation on how much I have spent on motor insurance over the last thirty years, and I could have bought my first house for less ...

@Simon66, I've done the same check as you - get the quote on the website, which expects you to accept a three-figure excess, then change it to zero. I too get the same price!

Update Reply
Greg62 @ 31/07/2011 10:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email