MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

romanticism,dead or murdered?

romanticism,dead or murdered? - Forums [Biker Match] romanticism,dead or murdered? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

romanticism,dead or murdered?

i saw a topic about being romantic and how the young 'uns don't know how to treat the ladies, but is it just the guy's at fault here?, i mean has any of you (guy's) done something wildly romantic and had it backfire in ya face or recieved a dis-heartening response? humiliating and funny stories:i once rode 400miles to leave a rose under the windscreen wiper of a lass's car i was dating, and all i got was a text back saying 'ta', .....i mean, come on! a bl**dy text? won't be doing that again in a hurry.... any other stories?

Update Reply
whoops @ 05/06/2007 08:04  

awwww whoops that was a bummer we not all that ungratefull ya know, i got a wonderfull card from one of the guys on here, it came throught the post and was such a surprise its still up in my fireplace a week later for all to see, an yep i did apperciate the thought that had gone into it and i told him so tooo hes a big softie though he dont like everyone to know that, so im not gonna put a name to the card giver .

Update Reply
storm @ 05/06/2007 08:38  

there are sum thoughtful men unfortunatley i attract the unthoughtful self centered chav kind lol i am now a nun, that was a lovely gesture whoops by the way , my ex bought me a dozen red roses for my bday i was so grateful and shocked cuz he didnt do flowers and thats y i was so happy ,in act i was so grateful next bday he sed he buy a shops worth lol , but he turned out to b a bum ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 05/06/2007 09:09  

The ladies of today are at fault as well whoops, expecting to be a kept woman and the men to do all the running around doesnt really bode well, makes all the romantic work one sided.Being romantic should come from both parties, it makes for a better relationship and shows that you both care. As for falling flat on your face, yep i have done that ! I sent flowers to someone at their work, timed it so i arrived there about half an hour later, all i got was a "ta" and the i'm not looking for someone line, never good when you read the wrong signals, all i wanted then was the ground to open up and me to fall in.

Update Reply
bandit-viss @ 05/06/2007 09:25  

awwwwwwwwwwwwww,well i treated my man gud , i was always treatin him n doin nice things for him im not like sum women all take take take , i do my fair bit , have found guys though the nicer i am to men the more i get taken the piss , i know u all not like that but it has put me off being nice a bit x

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 05/06/2007 09:37  

Sadly some men aren't romantic, some cos when they are romantic their actions aren't appreciated, others just don't know how to be. Age hasn't got anything to do with it, I'm sure there are plenty of young guys who do romantic things and plenty of older guys who don't. Romance is a two-way thing, maybe some guys would like women to be more romantic. I guess we'd have to define 'romance' cos guys n gals think differently on lots of stuff so what's romantic to one person may not be romantic to another. I think consideration plays a big part in romance, and I wouldn't mind NOT getting flowers and choccies if my man showed me consideration and especially loyalty. You don't have to hear someone SAY they love you if they show you they do. Not only romance that seems to be lacking but tactility too, whatever happened to massage? Not enough hugging and laughing going on, in my experience there are too many guys just looking for sexual gratification or the challenge of trying to achieve it. Time is another wonderful gift that costs nothing to give and personally I'd sooner have a hug, laughter and loads of their time than loads of material gifts. Maybe I'm old fashioned or unrealistic but I live in hope.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/06/2007 09:50  

I love 2 b romantic!!! I use 2 leave silly notes in daft places, send cards, write wude fings on dirty cars, bathroom mirrors......even buy flowers!!! I cud go on....!!!! Its funny Y am I single again then??!!!! so know whoops romance has definately not bin murdered!!!!!

Update Reply
hilda123 @ 05/06/2007 10:01  

Sweetheart Kwak i could not have put that better myself, showing someone affection and giving them your time costs nothing but means everything. Its a shame that some people cant see whats in front of them ! Personally speaking i tend to wear my heart on my sleeve a little too much and like to be tactile, massage is never a problem i'm darned good at it ! I am one of those people who like to show feelings and affection in words, sometimes i have all this stuff to say but when it comes to the point of talking it doesnt come out, so i write it down instead. The only problem with that is because its not said people dont think you mean it, there was a woman in my past who i would have walked on glass for, i made it perfectly plain but she couldnt see it !!!!! I did have a voice in the back of my head that said that she would break my heart, i wrote the following verse for her, one to show her yet again how i felt, and two to put closure in my own mind, unrequited love darkens the spirit and saps you of any romantic tendancies, but you get back up, brush yourself down and get on with it..... I stand before the beast, shield raised, sword in hand, steeling against the first onslaught as the attack begins.It is relentless in its task, baiting me with its eyes as it snarls its fiery breath, undaunted i stand, skin burning under my armour from the torture endured, pain merely a memory as the beast steps forth once more.With my last ounce of strength i lunge forward, steel piercing the chest of the beast, its screams deafen me as it falls to the ground. Everything is silent.My prize stands before me, i shield my eyes from the rays of beauty that befall me. I can no longer look.Do i have to slay the dragon for my maidens hand ? I have the strength to kill the beast, but not the courage to show my true heart. Head bowed, i fall onto my sword.

Update Reply
bandit-viss @ 05/06/2007 10:13  

Hugs are the best things in the world and what I miss most - but you want a romantic story that went wrong here you go: About 12 months after I was married arranged for the kids to have a babysitter for a long weekend Friday - Monday, then booked flights and a hotel for Ontario Canada with champagne reception king size bath and paid to make sure that the room was filled with candles and balloons. Organised everything but told her we were just flying to london to have weekend with a friend, when we got to the airport to the international departures I had to let her in on where we were going - her school friend lived in ontario and was going to meet us on the saturday - she blew her top in the airport saying what if she didnt like it at least from london she could "get a train home" stormed out of the airport and drove the car home, leaving me with all the bags and no money! but its the little things that count - just something nice unexpected and it can be done by men or women - just to give the other person that warm feeling in their heart and remind them that they are loved. It doesnt have to be expensive - I had money when I did the ontario trip, but i did a home made romantic meal for my friend and partner, but made menus and other bits - like they were actually at a posh restaraunt - and yes I suited up as a waiter I agree with you KWAK massaging or just snuggling would be excellant - do something different on valentines day rather than just get a bunch of flowers from the garage on way home and dont just wait for special occasions, spoil your partner but most of all give them your Time and Attention not just sit and watch TV. sorry Ive gone on a bit please forgive me

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 05/06/2007 10:30  

good on you hilda - I love things like that Bandit - you really are a true romantic and i bet chivalrous aswell

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 05/06/2007 10:44  

I try my best istaqa, it annoys me when people dont hold open doors for people and yes i do give up my seat on the bus for the ladies !

Update Reply
bandit-viss @ 05/06/2007 10:54  

WOW wot a wonderful bunch of people, its such a pleasure to chat wif lovely genuine people like urselves xx big hugs for everyone from me to you all xx huge great big............. u all deserve lots of hugs xxx

Update Reply
hilda123 @ 05/06/2007 10:58  

Wow! Chivalry is not dead, I'm so glad to here it! I agree with the girls, I don't turn it away if someone makes an effort and I like to make an effort too. It is after all supposed to be a partnership is it not. WP

Update Reply
Witchs_promise @ 05/06/2007 11:06  

Hilda, hug accepted

Update Reply
bandit-viss @ 05/06/2007 11:10  

you must never stop though - no matter how many people dont say thankyou when you open the door or give up your seat or when you do something nice - you must carry on and its the little gestures that count what goes around definately comes around at some point

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 05/06/2007 11:57  

wow, so many beautifull people!, a doff of the hat to you all...

Update Reply
whoops @ 05/06/2007 12:37  

its the little touch, the gentle smile, and both wanting it i think that makes it happen, sometimes we get so lost in the trivia of living we forget to do the nice things, its true what goes around comes around, and hugs do matter lying close in bed instead of miles apart, feeling the ebb and flow of anothers body even if its just watching the teli of haveing a coffee togethe. Just a tect with a x in it means someone is thinking of you can make yer day I give up i am a romantic even though i good at blaggin it

Update Reply
earthwind @ 05/06/2007 12:46  

so ramance is not dead then just sheltering away , bandit viss nice ,can we clone him

Update Reply
ladyrider @ 05/06/2007 12:50  

(earthwind) we all are hun, at least i think so....it's just buried under so much cr*p that we call life,(movie's, tv, music, media and peer pressure) i guess you can thank the age of reason for that huh....or can i blame it on the church?

Update Reply
whoops @ 05/06/2007 12:51  

blame the church because they use that old chestnut economics to bind people together lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 05/06/2007 12:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email