MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Loading up a sportsbike for camping..

Loading up a sportsbike for camping.. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Loading up a sportsbike for camping.. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Loading up a sportsbike for camping..

Yes jp you should know maps aren't a woman thing!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 30/05/2011 11:37  

hell, what a lot of extra replies while i was typing the last one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 11:38  

Tent on rack ...... buy a tail pack and a tank bag,

If you cant get everything in those, you are taking way too much (like a chair ) take a stool if you must, they arent as long.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:04  

I got the rubber matting from Homebase for 1pound, use tie down shrouds or car seat belt pads (from scrapyard) over bungee straps, put loose tiewraps round indicators or drill small holes under seat and put tiewraps in for bungee hooks

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/05/2011 12:21  

What's wrong with taking a chair? Seems to me (as someone who doesn't attend these sorts of things but has seen photos) that half the *fun* is ermmm *sitting* around drinking and talking so surely a chair is as essential as a tent?? I'd go camping if I could have a 10 man tent, table, chairs, plastic tubs to take food/plates etc in, electric hook up, fullsize airbed, duvets...you get the idea lol!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 12:22  

would you want the 10 men too Roachy??

Update Reply
julie j @ 30/05/2011 12:47  

Jp what her address and are you sure she wouldn't mind lol

Update Reply
bic chick @ 30/05/2011 12:48  

by the way kwak thanks for this thread it has helped me loads or load pardon the pun

Update Reply
bic chick @ 30/05/2011 12:52  

Seems to me (as someone who doesn't attend these sorts of things but has seen photos)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:53  

No worries BC!
And yes, i wanna be one of those sat around chillin if i can. If i can't get it on the bike, i'll buy one there and hope some kind person might bring it back for me lol!
Bikerbill - Drill holes! Are you mad lol tempting as it is as there's bugger all places to put bungees onto.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:10  

Glad to have amused you SF. That blade Geoff recently had on loan had little cut outs in the pillion foot pegs to use as anchor points. Get the feeling though that you don't want to start drilling or replacing your pillion pegs though.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 13:26  

Seems to me the horse from the shire has a sore hoof today lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:33  

Graham get a flunky mate

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:54  

????
A what lol??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:58  

Shell has been pm'ing me with various suggestions, and now i think it's sorted. Loadsa thanks hon!!!
Have a big flat strap that should slip under the rear seat and wrap around by bag sat on the seat, should be plenty secure enough, and will also pull the bag together and stop it resting on the panniers.
Excellent!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 14:25  

Only need to be 5mm, under seat out of sight put bodywork buttons/ clips in when finished with, cheaper than loseing every thing

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/05/2011 14:32  

Lol no worries hon as I said having a sports bike And taking all the comforts of home, double air bed, blankets, hairdryer, straighteners, etc etc all stuff Ian says, Is not needed for a camp and if i want, i carry it... I soon learnt the best way to carry stuff.

Julie is right tho, the top box attachment that fits where the pilly seat goes is a godsend on a sporty bike (if you can get one) as it stops the back end getting too heavy, just like having a pilly behind you, only if tied right your stuff won't wriggle lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/05/2011 14:36  

kwak,, have you thought about buying a cruiser instead of a sports bike for touring??

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 30/05/2011 15:20  

BOODY !!! How could you ?????

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/05/2011 15:24  

i like cruisers shell lol, seems theres more space on them for touring

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 30/05/2011 15:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email