MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Weather permitting ???????

Weather permitting ??????? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Weather permitting ??????? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Weather permitting ???????

I used to ride for a living so have had all the wet, sleet and wind forced on me with the job, been there done that type of thing. Now i ride for pleasure so if i think i am going out and going to get soaking wet then i would say that aint pleasure so i dont go, simple as that. My choice........

Update Reply
Timeout @ 29/05/2011 20:46  

i have choices of vehicle but i mostly choose my bike no matter what the weather

Update Reply
wash.doc @ 30/05/2011 00:57  

I'm the same as Timeout.Done the 4 season thing ,rode dispatch for a living even in extremes such as freezing fog where after about 50 miles along the M5 I ended up with a breast plate of ice built up about 1/4 inch thick !
Now I'm like many n ride for pleasure including wet days if pre arranged ,but given a choice fair n bright days for me.

But to each their own its all good fun (for the most part) and even when its not theres usually a good story to tell after the event.

Mark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 06:14  

Another day with RoSPA yesterday in the rain! Rained all the way there, rained on the run itself and rained all the way back. Got home and the sun came out lol!

Still had a great time though :)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 30/05/2011 09:12  

Moral of the story - don't go riding with Geoff - he's a Jonah! (Remember Hutton-le-Hole!!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 11:29  

@ XK's comment.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/05/2011 11:36  

Funnily enough XK, it was Hutton-le-Hole we ended up in yesterday. Thankfully the weather wasn't quite as bad as what blew into H-le-H last weekend!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 12:01  

Why does being a single parent come into the consideration??

If its wet its wet, if its dry its dry, you are still riding a bike with all the dangers that entails

If you are that bothered, why are you riding at all???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:35  

i think what was meant shadow is money issues , people choosing a good day to go out with a full tank of fuel on a dry day, rather than setting out on a day thats you wouldnt enjoy as much.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:37  

was going to go to BSB Thruxton today, but slept in. Nowt to do with the fact its peeing down. Maybe the bad weather effects my motivation. But Im £30 better off, and I don't have to clean my bike...

Update Reply
Charlie Charles @ 30/05/2011 13:05  

Hmmm some strong opinions here as i expected One of the points i was trying to make (badly it seems) is ...... If you are arranging a ride out why put "weather permitting" on the thread ??? all that does is make people unsure as to if it will go ahead or not !!!!! .... ...... how many people got up early to ride on monday but didnt go as they were unsure if they would be the only ones to make the effort ???? What is the point of me doing for example 50 or 100 miles early on a morning to attend a run if it has been cancelled because of a bit of rain ???? why shouldi bother making the effort if nobody else will ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2011 10:28  

Can only speak for myself, but i text everybody who's number i have and post as early as possible if an event is to be cancelled.

I for 1 check the thread before i set off for any event, to see whether any plans have altered for meeting points or travel stuff.

Like already stated everybody has a choice in whether they attend or not weather permitting or not.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/05/2011 10:48  

test

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/05/2011 16:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email