MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Weather permitting ???????

Weather permitting ??????? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Weather permitting ??????? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Weather permitting ???????

I think the point is, if you've planned to go on a ride out, why would a little bit of rain put you off.
If going on a week of touring, and it rains on the first day do you cancel it and go home.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 27/05/2011 22:01  

Well done acrazybiker It only took 2 pages worth of posts before someone got the point

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 22:06  

it would put me off if i has my 11 year old daughter with me, as why put her through a awful ride out, as i have said again and again on this each to there own, i have no doubt there are people who CAN afford to go on every ride out they want in all weathers, but when you have to pick and choose due to money surely you can relate to choosing a good day !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 22:14  

Rain wind sleet snow sunshine out all year,i like riding mi bikes

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 27/05/2011 22:21  

dont we all sumo if we can afford to do so !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 22:25  

I watch the met office rain radar like a hawk and its very reliable, but I think if Ive committed to a ride out it would have to be torential to put me off. Showers and light rain I can deal with. Ive got a bit of touring lined up as well I can't imagine turning back because its going to hammer it down...

Update Reply
Charlie Charles @ 27/05/2011 22:57  

Our weather is so unpredictable that it could be lashing it down in one area and dry 20 minutes down the road.....who can tell As long as you have the right gear you're ok to go out anytime. Personally i would rather be in the car if it's REALLY bad weather but i did 160 miles in North Yorkshire the other weekend in the rain and really enjoyed myself. I found it incredibly cosy in the helmet and if you're nice and warm it's not that much of an issue.......apart from the obvious risk of slipping etc But....i do find the sun gives us more riding freedom, maybe i'm just in-experienced? It is so much nicer to be able to lean into the bends without fear of slipping, and to take the lid off and sit outside in the sun having a cuppa rather than shivering in full leathers and trying to find a pub with a warm open fire.....although that's nice and cosy too with a hot chocolate ......just not nice going back out into the cold,rain,hailstone etc Obviously if you ride all year round in all weathers you're going to be more confident then those who don't. But i really don't think a judgement should be made on fellow riders who choose not to attend a ride out because of the weather conditions. As already said each to their own.

Update Reply
loving it @ 28/05/2011 17:35  

Scoob, in my first post i said that i won't go out for a full on blast if it's wet, but if going for a ride out or a meet up then i'll still go if it's raining. If that didn't answer the point of your question... lol!

Quoted = "If it's meet up and ride out like whitby last weekend, no problem, still went, and it was peeing down when i left home.
If however, i was out purely to get leant over and through corners as fast as possible, then i'd save it for another day if it was wet.
Just my own personal preferences "
Ian - my sentiments exactly! If i could afford to ride every day i would, but my pockets ain't that deep lol!
And 'Loving it' you got it right too. It's just the same as any situation, would I rather be out in the sun or the rain? Bit of a no brainer to me seeing as i'm not a duck - however my username may sound KWAK !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 18:31  

Isnt it a case of respecting each others opinions and accept we may not all match, the world is full of unique folk and i for one are glad of that :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/05/2011 19:29  

my point exactly jackie...well said !!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 19:30  

Yes indeed! I've been trying to get that across myself lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 19:52  

Was in holland [ASSEN] last year ,got cooked in leathers at junctions and tail backs etc. goin to moto gp in august not lookin forward to melt down lol[not used to heat ], Everyones goin on about rain try 25degrees and above Leathers or draggin jeans??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 20:02  

draggin jeans everytime Emdee !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 20:02  

Need a size 30 waist any offers ,or 90 quids worth , by the way i`m gonna sunny as hell SAN MARINO.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 20:20  

I ride all year round, dont drive a car have never learnt. As long as you go out prepared for bad weather you will stay warm and dry.

Update Reply
laimdan @ 28/05/2011 20:20  

your all girls just ride

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 29/05/2011 01:51  

Lol @ sumo

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 29/05/2011 07:12  

Does that mean if you really a girl then it's ok to be one?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 29/05/2011 07:17  

Lol sumo !!!!

Some girls don't mind riding in wet !

Only conditions I won't go out in is snow n ice Or if it's really really cold, and that's only cos of my circulation being bad.

As a learner I only missed Dec n Jan on the bike and last year Nov Dec n Jan, and this was cos of snow where we live.

If I have aranged a ride out and the weather is bad Ian n I will still head to the meeting point then see what the group wants to do.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/05/2011 08:42  

i go out in all weather except ice and snow (unless i m caught out by weather) as bike only transport you do what you have to at the time, each to there own

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 29/05/2011 08:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email