MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Beware!!!

Beware!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Beware!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Beware!!!

Maybe this has already been mentioned oh here.....but just in case it hasn't.
It was on another forum i'm on.

"North Yorkshire roads and Croft BSB - RIDERS BEWARE - Over the next 4 weeks North Yorkshire Police are filiming for the Emergency Bikers programe on sky tv"

"The plan is to have all the counties motorcycle patrols both marked and un marked in key areas on key days . This is normal to us all up here, but the added sting is the fact that cameras are present and a zero tolerance atittitude will be adopted to "put across the correct message" . There are also a few officers who see this as a moment of glory and are busy planning there target areas . Be very aware of FLAKEY a Tadcaster based officer on a silver CBR unmarked . Sherburn , Helmsley , Croft and Hawes are all target areas"

"this info comes form a serving traffic officer , ( friend ) who knows i run termi's on the bike."

"I've also been told that around the Helmsley area the bobbies have a new unmarked bike, BMW S1000RR in Motorrad colours and on an 11 plate and I guess it is likely that they will want to show off their new toy.

Update Reply
loving it @ 25/05/2011 17:14  

Ps.....Not sure how accurate the information is but it's worth a consideration.

PPS.....It was posted on the 9th of May, so if it is accurate information.....not long until they'll be finished

Update Reply
loving it @ 25/05/2011 17:19  

If only they would 'target' the half-blind geriatric sunday drivers, the roads would be a safer place altogether.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2011 17:25  

I moved this to active as I know many members will be riding in the area over the next few weeks.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/05/2011 17:29  

thing is folks just stick to the limits dont risk anything , no issues then !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2011 18:23  

I agree with Ian. Stick to the speed limits and you've nothing to worry about. That's what I do ... ahem.

The truth is he has a point, don't go silly and you'll be ok. Ton it around everywhere and you'll get nicked.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/05/2011 18:37  

espesh if you know that the police are in the area on unmarked bikes !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2011 18:44  

Could explain why one of 'em followed me all the way from leyburn to masham the other week!
Behaved myself though, so maybe no 5 mins of fame for me lol.

No fun!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2011 18:53  

"Could explain why one of 'em followed me all the way from leyburn to masham the other week!
Behaved myself though, so maybe no 5 mins of fame for me lol.

No fun!!!"

And such a brilliant road to mis- behave on

Update Reply
loving it @ 25/05/2011 19:08  

It's one of my fave's - I was most annoyed lol!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2011 19:25  

Always makes me laugh when I hear people talk about speeding fines as a "stealth tax" it must be the only stealth tax you impose on yourself!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 26/05/2011 04:22  

I'v seen the BMW at Squires, and yes the bikes are out, I got stoped the weekend befor the Whitby run when I went up there check out the road conditions and the diversion for Rose Dale, Did't want to go out as I had a virus but felt I must so as the ride would be right for people on the Sunday, it cost me a big chunk of money and a little bit of my licence, for what just to try and make the ride safe for others.Sorry if I'm rabbiting on a bit but this is why I get upset when I se people moaning about event organiser when I know it costs them time, money and maybe there licence or bike or even there body, if others know so much why don't they organise them self if not shut up, becouse were not perfect, we do make mistakes and have to comply with rules and regulation set by others

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/05/2011 16:17  

Oooooo i like Forest and Flymo the Brummie Paramedics, we saw them in town and Old Un had to go talk to them , poser that he is lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/05/2011 16:32  

I've seen the police BMW at Squires, and yes the police bikes are out in Yorkshire. I got stopped the weekend before the Whitby run when I went up there to check out the road conditions and the diversion for Rose Dale, Didn't want to go out as I had a virus but felt I must so that the ride would be right for people on the Sunday, it cost me a big chunk of money and a little bit of my license, for what, just to try and make the ride safe for others. Sorry if I'm rabbiting on a bit but this is why I get upset when I see people moaning about event organizers when I know it costs them time, money and maybe there license or bike or even there body, if others know so much why don't they organist events them self if not shut up, because were not perfect, we do make mistakes and have to comply with rules and regulation set by others.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/05/2011 00:32  

Mr Bill have you eaten cucumbe cos that repeats on me lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/05/2011 10:24  

no Jackie the first one i wrote on my BlackBerry and there were lots of mistakes so just wanted to put them right. buttons and print are so small on the phone that i can't always see mistakes or be bothered to correct them . LOL

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/05/2011 11:16  

lol ok u plum

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/05/2011 11:17  

Sorry if I'm rabbiting on a bit but this is why I get upset when I see people moaning about event organizers when I know it costs them time, money and maybe there license or bike or even there body, if others know so much why don't they organist events them self if not shut up, because were not perfect, we do make mistakes and have to comply with rules and regulation set by others.

Well said Bill!!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 27/05/2011 11:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email