MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2011 18:01  

Karen, Thanks for hospitality yesterday and a great ride out route , weather came good in the end. Gel seat was a bonus on the 329 miles we covered. Thanks also to acb & mikelebike for making it an enjoyable day, and also to the county Durham police for their gifts. (No, we didn't get any tickets). Maybe do it in reverse next time.

Update Reply
triple1 @ 31/05/2011 09:47  

A big thank you to Karen for looking after us with cake, pizza and for taking the time and effort in planning the rideout.

To Mark and Mike, well done for keeping up lol.
Yes it rained, the gypsies got in the way, plonkers doing u-turns, but the sun did come out and a great day was had by all.

Plus a big thank you to gadget man, Mark. For have a puncture kit, with out it i would have had to limp home and miss the ride.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 31/05/2011 16:04  

Rob, have booked lessons to improve my trail braking, determined to be closer to you!

Update Reply
triple1 @ 31/05/2011 16:51  

Perhaps i ought to start a riding school lol.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 31/05/2011 19:41  

well if you do bob i will sign up :) gutted i mist it but i would not of kept up in the wet, no confidence in the wet conditions :(

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 01/06/2011 18:49  

Thanks for the confidence in me Shawy.
Though i don't think i'm good enough to teach, how do you put across what comes second nature. I ride without thinking of anything. So how could i teach it.
i do know what i'm doing and can break things down. But as Mark says i trail the brakes deep into corners, how can you teach it.
There is so many different techniques, that for one corner, might not be the same for the next. Different road conditions and type of road, never mind when its wet. There is so many variables.
But next time your out on a ride i will try and pass on anything that i can

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 01/06/2011 20:30  

Thanks guys for a brilliant day out - thoroughly enjoyed it! Didn't half ache yesterday! Thanks ACB for the work out :)
I've posted some piccies. I thought WW3 was going to break out last week between this thread and another . . . Consequently I've decided not to publically organise a ride out similar to this one. If anyone is interested in a ride out similar to this one, or would like to do this one, then please pm me and I will arrange something off the forums.

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 01/06/2011 21:18  

Daftun, reading the posts - this looked a great ride. Pity I'm too far south otherwise I'd be right up for this. Forget WW3, you can't please everyone and it would be a shame not to let everyone know when a good ride is available.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 01/06/2011 21:28  

Yes Al it was a great day & I've added a few more photos to DaftUn's

Big thanks to Karen for her organisation & hospitality. Great to meet Mark and Rob too.

ACB led all the way - he is a brilliant reader of the road, smooth & quick too
T1 & I swapped 2nd & 3rd places depending on whether his camera was forward or rear facing

I wouldn't hesitate to go out on another rideout with them

Update Reply
mikelebike @ 04/06/2011 20:39  

Mike unfortunately I had reset, without knowing it, the camera at Hartside, which meant that the remote control was turned off . I have been out a couple of times this week & have mastered it now . Look forward to riding with you again. Check this out from earlier this week : http://youtu.be/15nvHnmsUh8

Update Reply
triple1 @ 04/06/2011 21:15  

Sounds like you all had a great time, nice one, some great photos and T1, some good youtube vids!
Daftun, I agree it would be a shame if you didn't post any future ride outs on the forums. You are never going to please everyone, but it's not right if people miss out on something they're interested in. You 'crazy' bunch of bikers, keep doing your thing.... and having fun!

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/06/2011 21:24  

Aww Mike you make me blush
And mark, glad you got the camera sorted.
Next time on a ride out, when your following (i'll take it slow lol) i'd love to see the vid.
Karey, i'm sure there will be more rides out for the crazy gang and anybody else that whats to join in the fun.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 05/06/2011 01:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email