MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Sounds great
- I'll have to check plans with my other half & see if I can escape?
(she'd only pillion if it was a bimble)
I'll get back to you

Update Reply
mikelebike @ 22/05/2011 19:10  

Contenders so far: DaftUn Acrazybiker Kwakarider StaticNoir Firebladejohn Clinton Fastjock Pumpkin triple1

Update Reply
triple1 @ 22/05/2011 19:21  

Looks like its going to be a mega, ride out. I hope you all know what your letting yourself in for.
Though i don't think you will need tyre warmers, though the pace will be very hot

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 22/05/2011 19:36  

I guess this answers my question, no..not all BM ride outs are a tortuous affair. Although this is far too long for me and I suspect the pace will be too fast for me as well although that's subjective isn't it, what's fast to one person is slow to another. There's no pleasing some people is there! LOL!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 22/05/2011 20:02  

Hi.....i'm new to the forum and not joined you for a ride yet. This route looks great but having never covered more than 200miles in a day i thought i could join you just up to Alston and then make my own way home. That would be a 215 mile round trip.....enough for me and my carple tunnel!!!

Update Reply
loving it @ 22/05/2011 23:06  

P.s If anybody is going from around the Bradford area maybe i could join you and meet with the others in Settle? Thanks, Linda.

Update Reply
loving it @ 22/05/2011 23:09  

Tempting!

I'll let you know.

Update Reply
S24_SDJ @ 23/05/2011 09:55  

Sounds like an awesome ride out, but as Cornwall is end of that week i best save my pennies for that lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/05/2011 16:58  

Indeed, you're buying all the sweeties

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 17:30  

Would love to do this ride out - I adore the roads up there. However, think it's prob a tad too far for us to do all in one day from where we are

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/05/2011 17:57  

What's the etiquette going to be on this ride? I've already mentioned that what's fast to one person is slow to another. Everyone has been warned this is going to be a fast ride but what happens if someone comes along and can't keep up? Actually, don't answer that. I'm going to post a seperate thread so I don't derail this one.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 23/05/2011 18:21  

Knowing DaftUn and ACB, I can assure folk it will be a fast ride lol.... Will be fantastic for those that enjoy these type of rides and great to see Karen (DaftUn) has organised it for the speed freaks on here

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 23/05/2011 21:19  

@ Blackberry - thank you @ Raochy – I’ve purposely mentioned on the initial post that this ride out is not for the faint hearted – that it will be a long hard fast ride out, covering in excess of 320 miles.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Consequently I’m expecting experienced riders who like a challenge.
From the replies given, the thread is obviously attracting those riders who enjoy and are expecting a blast.
<o:p> </o:p>
For those that can’t keep up . . . if you have any doubt as to whether or not you’ll manage, then why not come along for part of the ride and see how you get on. Don’t worry, we’ll not leave you behind. We’ll have a riding system in place – tailgate Charlie? Last man? Which we’ll discuss when we all meet up.
<o:p>Alternatively, get in touch and we can arrange another ride out to suit you :)</o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> I’ll be distributing maps of the route on the day, and I’ll be sending out contact details etc too.
<o:p> </o:p>
Meeting at mine (PR5) 9am – 9.30am for breakfast. We must leave between 9.45/10pm.
Settle for 10.30/10.40 to meet Kwakaride and anyone else at the petrol station.
Hawes for 11/11.15 to meet Fastjock and anyone else
And then we’ll be on our way. .

Please pm me if you've any questions whatsoever.
Karen

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 23/05/2011 21:58  

enjoy all !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 22:02  

Count me in

Update Reply
loving it @ 23/05/2011 23:04  

Ive been riding bikes for 4 years, Im not a fast rider but i do believe im a competent rider............. and competent means no your limits or another way which is used a lot is your comfort zone..........

Ive Ridden with Daftun and ACB 3 times and may i say what gr8 ride outs they was :), I would ride in my zone enjoying the day knowing that i did not have to push the bike harder than i wanted too which would take me out of my comfort zone because at the next junction or roundabout there would be our little BM possie of riders waiting for you :)))))))

so if anyone out there as been put off by some comments on this forum all i will say to you no your limits and you will all be fine :)))))

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 24/05/2011 01:23  

if anyone is doing this ride who has not done these type of rides before than please be careful towards the end of the ride, that's when your getting tired and can make a mistake

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/05/2011 01:47  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1643

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/05/2011 17:42  

Hi people
Unfortunately, my sister has had a bit of an accident & I may be required to assist her over the BH weekend so may not make this ride out.

I'm an experienced rider and enjoy making good progress, but if it's all about speed, then it's a bit worrying considering a group of bikers have been charged with death by dangerous driving when someone in the group hit a car. No other riders were involved, but the police have still held them responsible!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 20:16  

They haven't done there job properly unless they put the blame on someone and filled up the overcrowded prisons a little bit more...

'Accident' is not in a PCs handbook.

Update Reply
S24_SDJ @ 24/05/2011 21:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email