MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Le Man MotoGP

Le Man MotoGP - Forums [Biker Match] Le Man MotoGP - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Le Man MotoGP

So........ the Simoncelli incident.........justified ride through or not ?

IMO he has been hard done by and should be appealing. He was in front of Pedrosa and had the line. They seem to be ganging up on Marco, maybe because he's more of a contender than the MotoGP guys anticipated this year. Lorenzo has a real problem, pointing the dangerous riding finger at others after the move he put on Pedrosa.
Pot kettle black, eh ? lol
Still its good to see a bit of bitching in the paddock, it makes for better racing, just like the old days.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 15/05/2011 20:21  

IN Moto GP there seems to be lots of handbags being throw around and dummies spat out of the prams.
Lorenzo's move on Pedrosa was a bridge too far, he was out of control entering the corner.
Pedrosa was out of control, going in too, trying to keep Marco behind him. where would he have ended up if he hadn't hit Marco.
And what about Stoner thumping Randy. Randy looked behind, saw Stoner and moved over to give him room. Stoner got it wrong he should have stayed to the left.
So how do you judge what is a racing incident, or deliberately dangerous riding

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 15/05/2011 20:45  

IMO ... a penalty would have been better & then an investigation after to see if it should stand or not

With a drive through you will never know what could have happened so no point in an investigation

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/05/2011 20:46  

a long way

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 15/05/2011 22:15  

No worse than what Rossi did to Stoner, starting to look as impartial as wrestling!

Update Reply
YID @ 15/05/2011 23:20  

It was a harsh crap decision, not justified in a million years

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2011 09:33  

Time penalty would've been fairer - after all Rossi did knock Stoner off without any recriminations. Shame cos Marco was doing so well but then again, Rossi would've missed his podium if he'd had time penalty! That arrogant Lorenzo should watch his back cos it's gonna get kicked if he's not careful!! Pot and kettle indeed! Neither Stoner nor Lorenzo are good sportsmen but Pedrosa and Sideshow Bob (Marco) are so it'll come good I reckon. Dani didn't deserve to break his collar bone, feel for him - hope he returns to the mix sharpish and fit!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 16/05/2011 11:31  

As Rossi has stated : There all pussies these days ! Actualy if you study the history of newbies in moto gp you will see that every one of them has had critisism of their riding leveld at them when they become a threat to the "established" stars

Update Reply
cain1954 @ 16/05/2011 14:53  

Simoncelli/Pedrosa -should of been a racing incident, Simoncelli was there first and left room inside for Pedrosa, Pedrosa went in too hot not wanting to give position back, they should have looked at Lorenzo's pass on Dovi ??? ... can't wait to see Cal mixing it up with these boys at Silverstone !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 20:39  

I'm a big Marco fan, but I've got to admit he was in the wrong with his incident with Pedrosa. Dani was on the racing line and Marco came round the outside and then crossed his line. Accident waiting to happen in my books. Still keeping Marco in my fantasy league thou, 'he's the future I've seen it' :-0

Update Reply
SPESH @ 17/05/2011 16:09  

Simoncelli's comments on MCN:
Marco Simoncelli has defended himself against a renewed barrage of criticism after he was involved in a controversial incident in yesterday’s Le Mans MotoGP race that left Dani Pedrosa with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa were contesting second place on lap 18 when they collided on the entry to the second chicane. Trying to overtake on the outside, Simoncelli cut in front of Pedrosa and with nowhere to move, the Spaniard clipped the back of the San Carlo Gresini Honda RC212V machine. Pedrosa was sent tumbling out and broke his right collarbone as he rolled over a raised kerb on the opposite side of the track. Simoncelli though stayed upright but was penalised with a ride through penalty that dropped him from second to fifth as his search for a maiden MotoGP podium continues to the next round early next month at the Catalunya track near Barcelona. The 24-year-old said: "I am unhappy about what happened because a result that was within my reach was denied and above all because of the fact that Pedrosa is hurt. In my opinion the incident went like like this Pedrosa was having a bit of difficulty. I had pulled alongside him and passed him on the previous three laps. When he passed me back I was not intentionally trying to resist, and my telemetry shows that I got on the brakes at the same point as the previous laps." "I think that he had hit the brakes well before the corner, and I found myself on the outside of him and in front on the entry to the corner. I didn’t want to back off, so I left him with a metre between myself and the kerb in order to go in. I saw that it was tight, so I tried to adjust my position. That was when he touched my back wheel and went down. I repeat, I am unhappy about it, and I want to avoid any controversy regarding the penalty, but I believe that my ride through was a result of all the talk over the past few days."

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/05/2011 18:28  

a fair treck in it

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 18/05/2011 20:35  

Yeah and they didn't make the decision until they found out until the spoilt little brat pedrosa had done his collarbone in .... for sure

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 23:21  

i reckon pedrosa was trying to push simonchelli wide and it back fired on so if he broke his collar bone tough sh#t mate , if you watch the angle he took out of the bend he had allready done his breaking not cut off at all so although he not normaly a dirty rider id say he was having ago this time .

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/05/2011 23:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email