MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Greenlaneing!

Greenlaneing! - Forums [Biker Match] Greenlaneing! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Greenlaneing!

Hi all, Just wondered if any 1 goes greenlaneing around swindon wiltshire? and no's of any good routes.... Thanx amz.

Update Reply
Amz @ 14/05/2011 22:23  

Hi Amz!!
Welcome too lol, see it's your first post
I know not down there, but looking to get into it myself up here too. Hope you'll get some answers soon,
Kwaka

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 23:08  

Not done much down there, but take groups around mid wales on a fairly regular basis, so i'll ask some of my punters from down that way!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 15/05/2011 07:14  

Hya, yep im a newbie Thankyou that would be great, i have ridden a few, Went on holiday in llandovery (hope thats spelt right) had a great ride up around there Amz

Update Reply
Amz @ 15/05/2011 15:44  

The best thing to do, Amz is to get in touch with your local Trail Riders Fellowship. It's a minefield to make sure that the trails (unsurfaced public roads) you use actually have rights of way for motor vehicles and the local TRF, if they're worth their salt will have researched them.

I dabbled in trail riding 25 years ago and joined my local TRF. Unfortunately it was not interested in beginners or local routes and were even unfriendly. Instead, members liked to have their bikes trailered to where there were more routes and follow a local guide. I concluded that the game wasn't worth the candle and have stuck to surfaced roads ever since. I hope your local group will treat you better.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 15/05/2011 17:11  

good luck with this ive had no joy at getting any decent info in this kinda stuff but too be fare i havent really pushed much for it either and welcome to BM too

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/05/2011 12:33  

You should be able to get the info you want from your council, and welcome in.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/05/2011 15:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email