MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Day 8 of no smoking!

Day 8 of no smoking! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Day 8 of no smoking! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Day 8 of no smoking!

Well done mate keep it up mate. You will feel so good soon after giving up..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 17:18  

Cheers pal!
Feeling like i gotta sore leg at the mo lol!
Over did it with the exercises t'other day and pulled summat (in my leg before anyone starts ) so limping like a lemon at the mo!
Still being good though, but may be going for a couple o beers tonight, that'll be a test. Not too many though, as up with the larks at 5am to go biking!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 18:30  

this thread has become ya our Big Brother daily update of you kwaka tonight Kwaka is in the pub.... but he wont be smoking (said in geordie accent of guy who talks over big brother) ..... we may need photographic evidence too of course teeheehee ... you are doin well tho mate.... good on ya "would you liek me to be the cat".....(only big bro watcher of rula lenska and the scottish mp know this one!!!!) PS... maybe if ya get soem nicotine replacement gum or tabs so if you really crave that will stave it orf chuck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 18:35  

Tonight, kwaka was going to the pub, just for an hour, but he fell asleep after getting home from work, waking up at about half ten lol! So bit of tea, can of stella so i don't feel i've missed out lol, no smokies, and an hour on here before bed again! Am getting up at 5 to go out though
But the cold turkey is actually going quite well now, just hope no stress comes alpng and i'll be fine ish!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 23:19  

Don't smoke... it is soooo not attractive !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 23:34  

..I just want to know what a limping lemon looks like !!???
Hope leg back to normal now, so that you continue to sprint past that ciggy-shop...good luck

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 14/05/2011 23:47  

I would never ever go out on a date with a smoker. Obviously I'm not gods gift!! lol, but the smell of of stale smoke is a no brainer, but when you go out with them, they always have to leave you alone to go and have a fag outside!!!!!. How bad is that??? Dur... chuckle

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 23:51  

Captains blog, stardate 2011--5--15
No urges today, well, not of the ciggy variety, so Littlechick it's safe to snuggle up to me if you feel the need lol! I don't smell, honest!
Each to their own, i did enjoy smoking sometimes, and despite what some folk say, it is a social thing for some, me included. But the decision is made, and trying to stick with it.
Actually beginning to believe that I've cracked it now, and i'm not a big believer in myself usually, so pretty confident!
The leg's ok today, so will give it another day or so to be on the safe side before any more exercises. Desperate to lose a stone before cornwall lol!
Thank for all the messages though, keeps me on my toes, as if i start again now i'll get my ass kicked

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2011 12:07  

LOL @ Capt's blog You'll be surprised just how much a smoker does smell. It permeates everything in the home, not just your hair and clothes but soft furnishings and even books. Carrier bags seem to pick it up quickly. It took a long time to completely get rid of the smell in my home after I gave up smoking and even now, if I get old photo albums out I can still smell a trace of it. Anyway, well done KR , you're doing brilliantly, wait til you feel the benefits, no more shortness of breath, healthier gums (smoking shrinks them) more money in your pocket, you'll not go back to smoking. There's no point to it, you may as well set fire to your paper money.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/05/2011 18:32  

Haha, never smoked in the house, i know how bad that is!
Just need to stop living on junk food, and start getting regular exercise again, see if i can get back to 12 stone (haha, now there's a challenge..)
Need to lose a stone to get back in my decent leathers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2011 19:28  

Two weeks tomorrow!! Woo-hoo!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 22:34  

Well done that man!!
All donwhill now! Breath in that fresh air!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 17/05/2011 09:38  

Cheers, someone just came in who'd just been for a fag an he smelt offensive, yuck lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 10:11  

Sandi, you are quite right, smoking stains teeth, destroys bone and shrinks gums, teeth get wobbly and fall out!! As a dental health educator, ladies especially would get very indignant when I dared to suggest they need to stop smoking to keep their teeth!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 11:43  

i spend a 100 pound a week on the dam things,not good,goin to try champix wen im in rite frame ov min d...

Update Reply
picko @ 17/05/2011 12:16  

£100 a week??
blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it up kwak

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 17/05/2011 12:55  

Nice one kr.il get you down that gym with me soon mate too and them leathers will be looking good on you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 13:03  

toned male bodys and leather go together sooooo well

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/05/2011 13:10  

Oooh, today's a toughie, having a nightmare at work, so if i manage to get through today, i should survive lol! Do need to get to gym, and if I could get to yours Clint with not an 80 mile round trip i'd love to lol! Keep plugging away at it anyhow, i hate temptation Thanks though to all, as I'd feel a plank if i let you all down now

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 13:24  

kwak honey youve gotta do it for yourself , not for others xxx keep it up

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/05/2011 15:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email