MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Day 8 of no smoking!

Day 8 of no smoking! - Forums [Biker Match] Day 8 of no smoking! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Day 8 of no smoking!

Yes, it's still doing my head in and could gladly get my lips around one any moment, but trying to be strong (haha! yes, me lol!)
Went to pub tuesday night to open mic night, but only managed to stay half an hour as temptation was too great, luckily everyone i was with at the time were too tight to offer me one lol!

Still, need to to save money anyway for cornwall, woohoo!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2011 23:44  

It will be worth it Kwak, just dont start eating or those leathers wont fit

Well done & keep it up

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 23:48  

Thanks Shell, and i'm already in the bigger of my two sets of leathers so seriously don't want to get any bigger . Think that losing weight, AND stopping smoking is a lot to ask, but as they say, god loves a trier.
Even a naughty one lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2011 23:57  

Well done mate, keep going. You've got past the first week and that's the hardest part.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 12/05/2011 00:00  

it definately is, but since i started again two years ago, i've given up for a few weeks more than once lol, once for 3 months then ended up back on 'em, what a chump!!!
Trying though!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 00:13  

kwak get some chuppachups lollys!!,,i stopped 5 years ago x

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 12/05/2011 14:11  

go u naughty one well done xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/05/2011 14:39  

Yes, definately need something to get my lips around lol! Lollies sound great but already have a sweet addition to conquer too! Just have to keep off the biscuits, my main enemy lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 15:10  

Well done Boody, it's five years for me too. I used normal chewing gum to help for the first few weeks. Everyone has their own reasons to stop (or not stop!), health, money, people pressure, whatever, and they're all good... - i just got sick of arranging my days around my smoking habit - but it's always worth remembering that the price of three packs of fags = one extra tank of fuel, (no brainer if cost is part of the reason).

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 12/05/2011 16:13  

Well done Graham .
I've been off the cigs, had a relapse in Barmouth, but off them again! I need help, as in the patches. They're working for me, but I'm aware that I need to wean myself of them as well!!! Strangely enough I find when not smoking I have loads of energy so I tend to be more active which hopefully will help keep the weight off! Good luck with it, as you know the craving never really goes away, it's all about willpower

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 12/05/2011 18:08  

I stopped about 4 years ago, it was strange when I smoked as although I had the cravings, I never smoked around Ian, as he did not smoke, and I never missed it.

I even managed to go a week when we went away without one, but as soon as I got home I wanted one again

I have to admit tho as an ex smoker its strange for me, I still like the smell of someone smoking a ciggie, but hate the smell of stale smoke, or smoke on clothing ... I know weird

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/05/2011 18:14  

Well done to you! Could do with someone having a chat with my class about the hazards of smoking, today one of my 9 year olds was seen smoking in a park near the school, 9!

Update Reply
Rachkalassa @ 12/05/2011 18:28  

Thanks everyone!! Well, one of my main reasons for wanting to stop, as touched on by Rachkalassa, if my daughter ever found out, and was influenced in any way by it, i'd be absolutely distraught with myself. Would never want her to start.
Course, the health consequences too, and hell, the cost. Sneaking off for one at work, stinky breath and fingers even though always had chewing gum and washed hands afterwards.
All good reasons to stop!
And more bike fuel, YAY!!!
Good on you too BB! Keep it up!
I'm going cold turkey lol, but that's probly why i'm craving so much. But then again, is it just habit? After over a week, the cravings should really be gone!
to all!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 19:39  

well done, keep it up
xx

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 12/05/2011 19:48  

Cheers chick! x
Upon leaving work tonight i was feeling weeeeeek, but i can't let you all down now after such words of encouragement can i lol?
So going for an exercise sesh now, see if i can't make myself feel again by overdoing after not getting any for so long!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 20:24  

i hated the whole addiction thing myself, knowing that something was controling you is horrible in all aspects of life,, i mean who the hell goes out in a thunder storm to the cash point to get money to go to the shop up the road in p****ing down rain because they have to have a cig?

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 13/05/2011 11:30  

i do boody but i do like thunder storm
weldone that man hats of to u

Update Reply
kaycat @ 13/05/2011 12:24  

Me too, getting up late in a morning, and making myself even later stopping at shop on way to buy fags Stoopid! Thanks KC, and i'm with you on the thunderstorms!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2011 13:37  

Well done! Kwakarider It can be hell quiting smoking if you're not really ready to give up, don't think of it as giving up altogether, just think of it as not having the next fag, that goal is easier to achieve. I gave up smoking, the cold turkey way, 3 and half yrs ago it was the easiest thing I ever did and wish I could have got my head around it years ago cos I'd have saved some money, but I gave up when I couldn't afford to buy them anymore so I didn't save any money at all. I gave up years ago for 5 weeks and I thought about fags all the time and missed them a lot, not having something to do with my hands felt weird. I wasn't ready to quit then. It's so easy to quit when your mind accepts it. I've programmed my brain to detest the smell of fags, in fact I've done such a good job of it I now can't stand the smell of coffee either

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/05/2011 23:01  

Haha, well, i do like a nice coffee, so will try not to take it to that extreme! Went to see my fave friendly barmaid at the pub after tea, and never thought about it at all till she went for a smoke. Went out with her, and not once did i think 'god i really want one' so still on the right side of things.
I think the same, you just need to be in the right frame of mind, my main problem is if i get into any particularly stressful situations, whether that be in work, or in the past, relationship issues, i can find myself wanting one!
So, no stress for me lol! And being single, no relationship worries.
Not sure whether that's or lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2011 23:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email