MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Barmouth Refugee Aid Campaign - Please give Generously

Barmouth Refugee Aid Campaign - Please give Generously - Forums [Biker Match] Barmouth Refugee Aid Campaign - Please give Generously - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Barmouth Refugee Aid Campaign - Please give Generously

As you folks will have read, our recent trip to Barmouth ended in disaster for some folk. Due to extreme high winds, to my knowledge 11 people lost tents and other camping equipment.

If anybody has any spare tents, camping stuff in general that you dont want anymore, please let me know so that we can get these guys up and running for the rest of the rally season without it hurting them to much in the pocket

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 19:40  

Didnt realise it was that bad jackie hun :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 19:45  

what a nice thing to do BJ, wish I could help out but I havent got anything to give, just glad that people were safe, equipment can be replaced, people can't

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/05/2011 19:50  

I'll have a root through our stuff & see what we've doubled up on

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/05/2011 19:55  

Clinton, everyone is keeping a smile on their faces, just trying to kick start them off again :)

There are some pics on the events calendar of the flattened camp and the air raid shelter lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 19:57  

That's a brilliant idea BJ. I'm sorry I haven't got anything spare. I only have the bare essentials myself. Could try local Freecycles http://www.uk.freecycle.org/

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/05/2011 20:00  

On the case Kaz

wahooooo already been offered 1 tent

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 22:10  

Yayyyyyy nice one !!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/05/2011 22:11  

BM folk are the best

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 22:13  

i got tent happy for someone to have

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 02/05/2011 22:22  

my wee samurai i blow a kiss in ur general direction lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/05/2011 22:26  

A lovely thing to do BJ, you know if I had I'd give too - I'm relieved everyones safe who went, like Tracey says things can be replaced but friends can't x

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/05/2011 23:03  

if most of us on BM sent you a pound it would be a lot of money

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/05/2011 23:27  

I'm so lucky I wasn't affected cos I had to leave early but I've seen the piccies and I'm stunned and feel for my friends. I would happily send a pound as Bill suggests. I know that one person in particular lost an awful lot this weekend

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/05/2011 01:24  

I really like that idea. Is there anyway we can set this up to donate £1 ( or moer if you wish!)?? I am glad eveyone is OK but to loose so much at the begining of the season is terrible. I will willingly give to this cause if we can set something up!

Update Reply
RobL @ 03/05/2011 08:08  

I've had stuff ripped away by high winds before in Cornwall so I know what it's like.Put me down for a donation if you can get it sorted

Update Reply
pondlife @ 03/05/2011 08:36  

PLEASE dont say that Pond ... we are all off to Cornwall in 5 weeks time ... I could not bear to loose another tent there

1st & last outing for Chez I & M

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/05/2011 09:09  

Great idea folks but its difficult to set up, and takes time, which is why i was asking if folk had spare stuff so the guys can get up and running asap :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/05/2011 09:57  

Wish I could help too :<<
The pics look awful......sorry about the new residence Shell

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/05/2011 10:34  

BJ I have a spare tent if anyone needs it, and are happy to come pick it up , then just pm me and you are welcome ,,,,HB x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 03/05/2011 12:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email