MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Holiday in Brittany

Holiday in Brittany - Forums [Biker Match] Holiday in Brittany - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Holiday in Brittany

I live over the pond in France, Anyone up for a meet up over here, say September ? Great biking roads, great Cider, great times. Would be great to meet some biker mates, oh and I get 20% off Brittany ferries !!!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 01/05/2011 22:44  

find out a ferry price mooo xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2011 23:16  

whats the best route over portsmouth ? i have family down in the middle and normally go dover/calais

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 02/05/2011 07:46  

Hi Griff, can't do really, It would depend which crossigs people wanted and which ferry line. Ok I'll do a scenario tonight a rough cut of what I think it would cost and we'll go from there. How about 3rd week in September ?

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 05/05/2011 12:28  

20% off ferries, ride out in Brittany, great cider, sounds like a must! Will pm you later!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2011 13:09  

sounds good for me , either visit you or visit the boss.....lol

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 05/05/2011 13:24  

Sorry guys Have done nowt !! Been really busy, Will get around to it though after the weekend. Would be so great to get some of you over here. One year a Load came over to visit from WIMA and we had a great ride out, so hopefully I'll get to put some names to faces, then forget them all again after a few too many Cidres !HA! Ha! Portsmouth to St.Malo or Plymouth Roscoff is the best crossing to get to us quickest, But if it''s riding your coming for, Dover /calais a good a place as any to start !! Ld lines do cheap crossings, but bear in mind the 20% I can get off brittany Ferries, and if there were a few bikes coming, I'm sure I could butter them for a cheaper deal !! Right More soon Bon nuit

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 06/05/2011 23:32  

Right, Brittany ferries 24th September for a week in Brittany. Crossing on the fast cat (3hours) Portsmouth to Cherbourg about £120, If there's at least 6 then it would be roughly £200 per bike for crossing and accommodation for the week. How does this sound. Have a look at one of the places 'gites-de-kerlun.com' This is where you would stay, and I have other places lined up close by if needed.
Would be great to get you over here and show you my turf !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 09/05/2011 21:15  

hi there, just checking maps, dates, etc ( will be with car or trike so more £, which is still possible ) am i right in thinking your just up from RENNES ( wouldn`t stay the whole week as parents live in Poitiers , and will visit them )

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 10/05/2011 12:09  

Looks like this thread would be better in events...sure there'll be others up for a trip .....anyone know how to do it ??!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/05/2011 12:28  

sorry ( dimwitted that iam ) Its halve way between Brest and Rennes there is a little place called Loudeac (loud ear ache ?)

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 10/05/2011 15:01  

Yes loud ear ache !! lol !!
I could put it in Events If there is some interest, what I don't want is anyone to go ahead and book without there being sufficient numbers. I'll look into putting it on there now. Hope it happens

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 10/05/2011 20:08  

Have added to events, just waiting for it to be Ok'd !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 10/05/2011 20:13  

Hi All don't think I didn't do what I said, I got all the info and stuck it in the events, But for some reason It can't have been accepted as it's not on there, thought it was weird nobody wanted to come !! Is there still any interested for the 27th September. let me know if there is and I'll re find the prices, I think it was around £200 for the week with ferry and accommodation. Cheers

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 01/06/2011 16:39  

Hi Mickey moo...

I am interested in coming over for the week..
I live in Poole so Portsmouth to St Malo would be the route I would take. I would also prefer to travel over with others so I am not on my own.

Deb

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2011 02:18  

Hi Micky , pm sent to you

Lovely area you live in, Ian n I toured round there 3 years go on his bike loved it, we did the Loure Valley last year,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/06/2011 06:19  

Would love to do this one but funds not there maybe another time

Update Reply
JP @ 02/06/2011 07:01  

Deb, check out the fastcat poole to cherbourg. We are going in 4 weeks, and that route was not only quicker (2.5 hours), but cheaper too!
Micky, will pm you with latest - and hopefully final - plans!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2011 08:57  

Just looked at that route and it does look better.

I look forward to getting the details.. Im thinking of going over sooner as well..

Why are you going over in 4 weeks? Meeting others or just a family holiday?

Deb

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2011 12:49  

Just booked it Deb, 2 couples on two bikes for a long weekend. We are doing fastcat from poole 7am 7th July. The fast crossing is fully booked for the return, so we're coming back Roscoff to Plymouth on Sunday. If you want to tag along on those dates, feel free! We are staying with friends in Poole on the night before the ferry so could meet up for a beer too. Mickey has sorted our digs, so Im sure She could find room for one more if you ask nicely!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2011 14:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email