MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Adverts!!

Adverts!! - Forums [Biker Match] Adverts!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Adverts!!

So, here I am watching a bit if telly, and during the program there are adverts.

So what! That's normal!

But what struck me is there are loads of adverts for cars but I cannot recall ever seeing an advert for bikes!! WHY??

There are loads of bikes out there so why no adverts!

Anyone know why this is?

Update Reply
RobL @ 25/04/2011 19:45  

The motorcyle manufacturers won't put their hands in their pockets for mainstream TV.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 25/04/2011 19:51  

Bikes don't need some silly advert showing that they are great because the chosen ones already know it :) But I would like to see some bike adverts...with a big leather clad hunks ......might make me actually watch some TV

Update Reply
Garnet @ 25/04/2011 19:52  

the only bike ads i have ever seen is when bike racing is on telly!!! it seems bikers dont watch any other telly you see pmsl
then again some of them were pretty naff....!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2011 22:27  

I noticed this several years ago Rob and the answers I got were as Feisty says !!! But, as Suzi says, you do see the ads for bikes when bike racing is on TV, although the broadcasting channel is usually foreign. And you get bike ads on foreign TV .. .. USA especially and big time in the far east. So I got the feeling its just the UK companies are tightwads or it is political influence. I couldnt get a satisfactory answer back then mate, so Im still with your question WHY ??

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 26/04/2011 01:18  

When I used to go to the pictures in Slough way back,there were adverts for the local Honda dealership Sid Morams for the new Honda Fours lol showing me age now! Can't ever remember seeing any adverts on telly though,even back then when the mind police weren't so controlling and all powerful!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 26/04/2011 07:15  

I don't recall ever seeing a telly ad for one particular bike (not in the UK anyway). All the bike ads on the motorsport channels seem to advertise their range of bikes rather than a single product. The nearest to a bike ad on mainstream tv has been the recent epic Honda ad, where the guy sets off on a moped singing "the impossible dream" and ends up in a balloon coming up from a waterfall. It advertised the whole company, but it was good to see the bikes on it.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 26/04/2011 11:36  

it best they dont averis it cose we dont want every tom dick or harry in on the fun rob let keep it for us (is that very selfish of me )

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/04/2011 11:52  

selfish but I like the idea kaycat!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 26/04/2011 12:09  

It's because your average telly addict is a moron and the less of them on bikes the better!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 13:35  

Boss mom

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 14:37  

Charming!! That's a bit of an assumption, that the average telly addict is a moron. I watch a fair bit of telly but I don't think I am a moron.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2011 16:37  

well rob theres this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKlKeoMQNI i remember this one although its insurance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GoT_B2JOY and i thought this one quite right too ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAqco0VYgM&playnext...D579C5B1EB

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 26/04/2011 18:51  

i agree Kaycat unfortunately there is already a lot of morons on bikes.... i wont mention which ones tho hahaha!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 19:54  

I gave up my Telly, dont see why I should pay a tv licence, just to watch endless and purile adverts for products I dont want to buy, plus most of the tv these days ( with some notable exceptions ) is aimed at the braindead and chavvy......Jerremy Kyle......big brother...etc etc. As for Bike ads, well I do tend to agree, that if there were any, then there would be more idiots out on the road, the ones that watch Jeremy Vile and the like....So keep Bike Ad's off the box !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2011 01:38  

Suzuki used to have a whole raft of adverts on tv - remember '' Ride the winds of change ''. They do seem to have vanished now though

Update Reply
dougal50 @ 29/04/2011 17:16  

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a6Jpcy2GZ1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Try this advert .

Update Reply
dougal50 @ 29/04/2011 17:40  

I watch X factor................i am a moron lol Sky advertise a bike event: The Britsh Speedway Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium Cardiff, this year its 25th June 2011. Wish you could use a speedway bike on the road, I would buy one straightaway!

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 29/04/2011 19:51  

scoot xxxxxx
get a bike m8
xxxxxx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/04/2011 10:00  

Kay.................i will be in manchester on monday......goin to speedway at belle vue..........so manchester will be seeing a bike!! Carry on Scooting xx i thought this was a thread for adverts lol.

Update Reply
Scooterboy @ 30/04/2011 14:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email