MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sat Nags, how accurate are they?

Sat Nags, how accurate are they? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Sat Nags, how accurate are they? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sat Nags, how accurate are they?

garmin zumo 660 mmmmmm

takes a bit of getting used to, but click on custom route and it will at first choose 4 different routes.....quickest, direct (flying/walking) , shortest and motorways. Pick the nearest route and add via,s to select places/roads you want to see/prefer.

Also retrace route is pretty good too....get to somewhere....find the exact same way back.

also its bluetoothed to my phone, and headset.

if you go down a few great road, you can save em for later enjoyment.

time to next turn...fantastic.....enjoy the next 15 miles of twisties cos you dont have to look for a turn for a while.

street names....."turn left down stamford street" brilliant in a strange town.

speed trap warning...spot on!

basically LOOK AT A MAP before you go, then you will have an idea where you need to head in case it goes tits up. That said, sometimes it will take you down roads you would never have usually used .... you might find they were the best roads ever!

Update Reply
mungybear @ 25/04/2011 09:51  

Many will know that I use the SatNav on the bike almost permanently. The Bluetooth is usually turned off, as I'll be chatting to Shell over the intercom instead (she's much more interesting), so it's a visual reference only. However, it REALLY comes into its own when you've been on a BM ride out, you've reached the "That's all folks" time, and you, and 4 others need to get back to the Manchester area via the quickest possible route. We *could* look at a map, try to figure it out, start writing directions, find some tape etc etc... or we could press the "Home" button, and set it to Fastest Route... 15s later we're en route... Shell and I used maps when on holiday to get an overview of the area (South Western France), and then programmed routes etc into the Nav. Means that you can concentrate on riding and observations rather than trying to remember if it's best to take the D83 or the D671 to La Rochelle.... Yeah, it has a sense of humour, yeah it occasionally takes a short cut off a road and back onto the same road, but then... I can't remember the location of every postcode in Europe! Love em!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 25/04/2011 22:10  

Here here ian:) Thanks for the quick way home as we would have taken ages without the sat nav you and shell has

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2011 22:16  

i hate the idea of sat navs on bikes but we have been here before on this debate so i wont start it off again, i got a tom tom xl live through work, and it had a live google search on it, live alerts re traffic re directs if hold ups, i cant fault it ...yet !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2011 22:27  

whats a map?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2011 16:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email