MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Ideas pls, for a ST1300 front tyre

Ideas pls, for a ST1300 front tyre - Forums [Biker Match] Ideas pls, for a ST1300 front tyre - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Ideas pls, for a ST1300 front tyre

I'm looking for another option, for the front boot on my ST13, to the BT020's that I've used for a few years. Ok, they are good, grippy in the wet, but just don't last very long. The ST is very heavy on the nose, and if I'm on my own I, err,.. 'make progress', but the one that's on it now is allmost toast and its done just over 1K, I've had em last less than that! The edges go off em real quick, but the centers still have the little blob things visible. (The rears will go for about 10k). Is there anyone else with a heavy tourer out there, that can think of one I can stick on and try? And no,.. I like the ST cos it'll do 240 miles between sore @rse breaks so I'm not changing her for a plastic missile!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 20/04/2011 21:08  

Metzler tourance

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 20/04/2011 21:27  

I use the Pirelli Angel's on my Deauville

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 20/04/2011 21:54  

Used BT020's on my 900 Trophy, and run them now on vfr800. Surprised to hear they dont run very long for you. I put on a new pair last year, and did Spain & France on them (2100 miles + in 8 days) and are still going stong. The front is still well in legal limits, the rear, is still good, although after so many miles, twos up, with full luugage it 'squared' a bit. With single riding round a few twisties it is now back to normal (what is normal?). Now, 5500 miles and still much treadiness(is that a word?) on them. I find them fine. The BT021 I havent tried yet, but from mates who have, it sounds a bit softer, so I have asked my mate at the shop to keep the last two 020's he has for me!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2011 22:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email