MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

TV show looking for 3 drivers - are you game??

TV show looking for 3 drivers - are you game?? - Forums [Biker Match] TV show looking for 3 drivers - are you game?? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

TV show looking for 3 drivers - are you game??

New TV show on DAVE is looking for folk

We’re looking for teams of skilled and confident drivers to take part in the most extreme driving challenges imaginable.....
What do we mean by extreme?
Try these for size:-

· Being chased by 2 police cars across an industrial landscape complete with tight turns, lethal obstacles and plenty of walls for the coppers to smash you into!

· Take part in your very own version of the Stephen Spielberg’s ‘Duel’ as you attempt to avoid 2 juggernauts hell bent on destroying your everyday family saloon!

· An automotive equivalent of the gladiatorial duels of ancient Rome. You’ll find yourself in a deep pit accompanied by a host of evil fork lifts, JCBs and bull-dozers hell bent on destroying your vehicle!

· Avoiding incoming tank fire!

· Approaching a 16ft ramp with sufficient speed to jump 6 buses!

Yes, Yes we know what you’re thinking – we’ll never get away with it, someone will get killed. Well there probably would be issues if there were drivers in the cars – but there won’t be.....
Our teams will be operating the cars from a safe distance thanks to a combination of state of the art radio control systems, the very latest robotic technology and real time video links. Drivers will be competing in these destructive challenges from the comfort of an arcade style simulator

But this is no game! Teams will be controlling a selection of full size, real cars in a variety of high octane challenges. Cars will be destroyed!

If you’re still reading, it probably means that you’re interested in appearing on the show, so here’s some basic info:-

Teams
We’re looking for teams of 3 drivers
Team members should not only be good drivers, they should also be pretty confident in their abilities – arrogance is positively encouraged!
Teams should have a definite identity e.g. people who work together or share an interest / hobby / passion
One team member should be nominated as team captain
How much time will teams need to devote to the show?
If you make our shortlist a member of the production team will probably come to meet you at a time to suit your work/home schedule
Teams chosen for the show will be required to attend an orientation day which we hope to hold on either a Saturday or Sunday. This will be your chance to get hands on experience of driving a full size road car via remote control

We’ll also want to film a team introduction film with teams chosen for the show. This usually takes a day

The show itself takes 2 days to film (on occasion it might be over a weekend, but we can’t guarantee this). We’ll provide you with two nights hotel accommodation (a third night will be available for teams with a long journey home), 3 meals a day and small cash payment to cover basic essentials such as beers in the bar at the end of the day
When will the shows be filmed?

We are planning to shoot the series in June/July 2011. Dates will be confirmed soon

How do I apply?

Contact Brummie Jackie for details

They have specifically asked for folk who ride bikes as well as drive cars.

Over 18's only

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2011 11:09  

oohhh

This sounds like FUN !!!

Ian always calls me a hooligan lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/04/2011 11:43  

I suggest you enter feistygirl....I've sat in the back!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/04/2011 12:47  

Probably need someone who can fly a RC helicopter, or one of the military drone pilots, I'll just drive one of the juggernauts out to kill/crush, just to get my own back on the suicidal tin box drivers I have to dodge every day!

Update Reply
YID @ 13/04/2011 12:50  

playstation generation is whats needed there then . is this a biker match team your building Jackie?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/04/2011 15:10  

Twinnie

I am looking for at least 1 ladies team and 1 mans team, so 3 of each lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2011 15:14  

Hey Jackie I'd be up for this

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/04/2011 19:00  

hey BJ were's the form

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 13/04/2011 20:49  

It sounded exciting until I got to the bit about simulation lol, ah well I guess the health and safety fairies have killed any exciting stuff taking place like I used to get up to when I was a young un.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/04/2011 21:03  

Hey Jackie i'll do it if you sit in the passenger seat Were do i sign up

Update Reply
cw @ 13/04/2011 21:06  

if you need a spare person ........ give us a call

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 13/04/2011 23:12  

CW you can not be serious !!!

Cheers guys looks like we will be able to submit more than 2 teams at this rate GET IN THERE !!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/04/2011 09:22  

Hmmm do I put my ex test/development driver "skills" to the test?

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 15/04/2011 07:51  

Awww thanks Minnie ( i think ??!!)

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 15/04/2011 08:57  

Right folks i will be sending those interested the form to fill in beginning of next week, and you need to attach a pic as well, god help em lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/04/2011 09:26  

Should i include the pic of me in my cop outfit Jackie?

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 15/04/2011 09:58  

that will def get you in the show lady without a doubt lol

i dare you lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/04/2011 10:05  

well i am a loon in real life so simulating it could be fun lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2011 18:17  

sounds interesting jacks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2011 18:19  

sounds good is there any room left if not good luck ..

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 16/04/2011 11:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email