MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Scarily unsteady side stand

Scarily unsteady side stand (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Scarily unsteady side stand (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Scarily unsteady side stand

Shell, I love the way the thread had taken a turn, suits me just fine . Could I have a bike valet but in a male version please with tatts, 5ft 10' or above, rides a harley and would wash the bike with no shirt on .........................ooooo bit giddy now . Nice intruder 1500 boss mom would be nice........then GT is all mine mwaaahhhhhh only kidding step away from the brochures - don't do it! ps shell brillo pad - your mind lady, I don't know lol, frisky I got some good polishing tips off Tim auto sol then auto gleem Oh and nearly forgot to say, getting used to stand - much better

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/04/2011 01:39  

Only just seen everyone's comments on this thread. GT, spot on as always, yes you can't beat the sound when it's fired up. Saw some lovely bikes at Squires this past weekend, but nothing sounds the same. Maybe the GSX1400 as a second bike if I win the lottery lol. GT may disown me if I win the lottery though - Superglide would become pink and black! Not allowed to mention JP polishing me Shell, makes Jackie go all peculiar lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2011 01:51  

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/04/2011 09:48  

ahhh JP You & Polish = Ian me & shower

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/04/2011 10:04  

Perhaps not wise to mention that so close to Barmouth Shell

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2011 10:45  

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/04/2011 11:04  

Can confirm 100% it was me who was malfunctioning not the side stand - still gives me a wee fright now and then lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 24/05/2011 14:55  

NAH .. .. not malfunctioning Bobs .. Just not used to their little peculiarities. They have many .. .. .. allegedly

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 24/05/2011 20:13  

i am not going to slag harleys, coz they have some cool owners, but have you seen the new thunderburd, not lots o shinny stuff 2 polish

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 21:35  

Aye,its no bad,quite nice.seems to draw its style from the Harley Fatbob tho although its worked for the japneez for years,copying stuff

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 24/05/2011 22:02  

It's a 1700 parallel twin not a V twin. So it's hardly a copy. Don't see how you can make a cruiser any other way. It might be an American style but it's not exclusively a Harley style. So it's a black cruiser style bike and aimed at the same market sector.

That's like saying every bike with a full fairing is a copy of the BMW R100RS, while intrinsically there are similarities in all bikes with full fairings due to function the bike is built to carry out you could hardly sat they were all copies of it.

All the American motorcycles developed along the same lines which no doubt had a lot to do with the types of roads they were used on. At one time Harley didn't make bikes like the fat bob.

Wikipedia says:
"The bobber was the earliest custom motorcycle built by individuals with mechanical skills and often part of the early biker clubs scene before there were any such thing as a choppers, a simple stripped down motorcycle . It is a style of custom motorcycle which took shape in the 1940s and 50s , generally thought to have been started by returning WW II servicemen working on ex-military motorcycles and inspired by lighter European motorcycles they had seen and ridden.
The bikes reflected their owners and were often homemade but today there are many companies that create such vehicles The style has also influenced motorcycle manufacturers such as Harley Davison."

So in fact the Fat bob design is influenced by home made attempts to copy European bikes (like the Triumph twins) and hence the Fat Bob is in many ways a copy of a Triumph.
So it strikes me as ironic that you accuse Triumph of copying a bike that is in fact a copy of a Triumph
It's a funny old world

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 26/05/2011 00:08  

Wey pardon me, that was my opinion and I'll stick with it, parallel twin or not, when I first saw it ,it was in that style.Not after a history lesson ,Triumph are trying to capture a chunk of the american market as all other makes are,and are getting better at it. Harley have had it their own way for a long time (although assisted by their govt at a critical time in their past) and they will have to work hard,especially if its right Polaris(Victory)have bought the Indian name.Harley's formula works,not everybodys cuppa T, but it works ,it will be emulated and was, I also congratulate Triumph on taking their marque forward but why would I say a for example a Triumph sprint be a copy of a BMW R100rs.Got me beat there like on that.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 27/05/2011 20:41  

BMW R100rs First factory bike with a full fairing, ergo you could argue that every bike with a fairing is a copy of it. Not that I would

Mostly agree with you on the rest. I read that Polaris have bought Indian, should be interesting.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 01/06/2011 18:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email