MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Unofficial St Georges Day Parade 24th April

Unofficial St Georges Day Parade 24th April (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Unofficial St Georges Day Parade 24th April (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Unofficial St Georges Day Parade 24th April

If anyone wants to drop by for a cuppa let me know. I'm on route in Shirley

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2011 14:10  

Me please and a buttie

Update Reply
JP @ 24/04/2011 14:16  

Didn't take part just watched bikes pass Boss Mom's and I must say I watched in disbelief as the so called marshalls raced passed riders on the wrong side of the road past keep left signs and over the pedestrian crossing again on the wrong side of the road

Update Reply
JP @ 24/04/2011 21:51  

Well what can I say....................what a great ride and well attended by both bikers and car drivers. A BIG thanx to the organizers and to all the marshals for doing a great job ensuring we all had a safe ride The marshals done a great job, the stopped traffic and ensured that no cars got inbetween the bikes.......well done to all of you!!!! Also.....................I WENT PILLY FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE ME ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 24/04/2011 21:58  

Well done you Trace

(((Big Hugs))))

So happy for you hun xxx

Update Reply
jabecs @ 24/04/2011 22:02  

I am putting this message on behalf of Boop,
Firstly Jpharley It is with disbelief that as a 'biker you were prepared to stand on the sidelines and watch and not take part. To take part in this amazing parade is something to make one feel so proud and humble. Secondly, the marshals, my Club members, did their job superbly, volunteering their time to help and assist the smooth ride Zipping past riders is what they are supposed to do to keep it compact and tight, ignoring sign etc..yes again as the road was ours for a period of time. Next year how about joining the parade youself and thanking a marshall for help make the ride possible.

Update Reply
drobess @ 24/04/2011 22:20  

Firstly, yes a marshalls job is as you say to keep the group together and assist the smooth run through roundabouts junctions etc , but the road was not yours for a period of time the road was still open and the southbound traffic was still running as normal when the marshalls decided to ride the wrong side of the keep left sign and carry on though the crossing on the wrong side of the carrageway oh and not forgetting the joker who thought that doing a burnout by the roundabout would be good but not noticing he was blocking a paramedic with blue lights showing. The few always show the bad side of bikers but when the marshalls ride like that your days of this parade are numbered. As for me taking part, when I see a safe ride taking place then I will turn out and support it

Update Reply
JP @ 25/04/2011 08:09  

JP maybe you should come next year and offer to marshall and at the marshalls meeting put your point across about this years ride. As a person on the ride its very hard to actually comment on your observations other than to say I personally think all the marshalls I did see, did and excellent job and they ensured that all riders had a safe and enjoyable ride and all those that over took me to get to their next marshall stop did so in a very safe way. I enjoyed the ride and this ride has actually given me the confidence to be back out on my bike again as I felt totally at ease the whole time. Its just ashame the Police did not help marshall the event especially as they know so many people turn up to do the ride and also so many line the streets to offer us their support. Almost forgot to say a very FANTASTIC well done to Drobess for having the confidence to ride pillion for the ride.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 25/04/2011 22:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email