MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

but srads are different - distinctive - and at the end of the day, its about the (wo)man not the tool. its not a debate if someone is so blinkered by the rossi hype and thinks PA people should be playing a major role that they cant see beyond that xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 11:43  

Nah, not blinkered, but a 9 times world champion in 4 different classes compared to Stacey's one which was nearly 4 years ago now. My point is Stacey trying to imply that Rossi's intentions outweigh his abilities, is just downright pathetic.
I'm no huge VR fan (despite what you may think), truth be told I prefer Lorenzo/Spies/Edwards, but no-one on the GP scene past or present has won as many titles or is likely to in different classes as Vale.
Moaners attitude is quite frankly pathetic over a racing incident that has happened to numerous riders. When he has won as many races and championships as Rossi "then" he can have the chip on his shoulder.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 22:33  

Moaners attitude is quite frankly pathetic over a racing incident that has happened to numerous riders. When he has won as many races and championships as Rossi "then" he can have the chip on his shoulder.

'Ere 'ere

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/04/2011 22:50  

i think you'll find agostini won 15 world titles in total! its open to debate whether the number of titles won makes you the best. schwantz only won one but would you say he and nicky hayden were of equal ability, style or class? mamola won no 500gp world championship, but in another time he could have been multiple world champ. stoner hasnt retired yet, so lets see if it stays at "only" one title 4 years ago..................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:26  

Barry sheene the best no argument !!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/04/2011 23:31  

Oh !! Just going back to it being a racing incident. Remember sideshow bob and Alvaro Bautista in the 250's ? They were at it elbow to elbow the whole year and took each other out a cpl of times, not to mention on the grass a few times aswell. Wonder how Stacey would have coped with that in the media ?
Remember Lorenzo and Rossi taking each other out, both on Yamahas in the wet whilst leading ? Don't remember Rossi or JL bitching and whinging about it in the press. Thats racing, you gotta take the rough with the smooth no-matter who you are, and get on with it.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 23:31  

im sorry but if they didnt try to race it would be piontless and extreamly boring to watch bit like Formla 1

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/04/2011 23:34  

and agos 15 world titles that your conveniently choosing to ignore??? barry sheene only won 2, so in the rossi "9 times world champ so must be best" mania, sheenes a nobody - but anyone who triumphs over adversity a la barry sheene is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there as far as i'm concerned!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:37  

Barry sheene the best no argument !!

Hmmmm..... I think Barry was the best when he was on it, but as for an all time best rider, I think Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer, Giacomo Agostini, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson, Micky D (who also came back from horrendous injuries), etc etc would suggest otherwise.
As far as I'm concerned they were all great, but for the best rider the world has seen is VR, just on wins and championships alone.
I know its not GP related, but the best rider the world has ever seen for me is William Joseph Dunlop. RIP
Roadracing, thats for real riders imho.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 23:39  

Hey mandy, there are some on here, for whom racing begins and ends with vale/the goat/ messiah. No one before, no one after. No respect for or knowledge of any other rider. Head and brick wall, springs to mind,xx

personally Tetsuya Harada rocks for me!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 13/04/2011 23:43  

no its Barry because he was british he got people into bikes and racing and even to this day any tin box driver will still know who he is . i dont care about tittles but ambasadors to the sport ! rossi comes next then im afraid its me !!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/04/2011 23:44  

stoner hasnt retired yet, so lets see if it stays at "only" one title 4 years ago

For him to be a world champ in 4 different classes, me thinks its not gonna happen.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 23:45  

if its on wins, its ago, if its on everything else, for me its doohan. road racing- dj up there (rip), as is phil mccallen, the dunlops (it goes without saying), and on his day, steve hislop was the best rider in the world - who can forget his lap record of donington on monstermob wsb wildcard, but even better, him kicking fogartys arse on the rotary norton!!!! x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:46  

i dont care about tittles but ambasadors to the sport !
rossi comes next then im afraid its me !!

I'll refer you back to my Joey Dunlop post. Never been a better ambassador for motorcycle racing.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 23:47  

David Jefferies = now he was one talented rider RIP

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/04/2011 23:48  

that goes without saying (as i've already said) - seems like your intent on nitpicking, and i'm tired and in pain so will bid you adieu!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:49  

and if you dont care about titles, why did you keep mentioning rossis 9 and that he'd won the most (which is inaccurate - see my agostini post!!) i like picking nits too nite xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:51  

bye eck guy martin could be when he aint building boats that is . Joe Dunlop agreed but only road racing really ! the thing i dont like about stoner is the spoiled child way he throws his dummy out the pram stuff happens im sure Rosssi didnt want to knock him off but hay at least he appolagised i wonder if stoner would have if he knock rossi off ? has he in the past i dont know !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/04/2011 23:53  

Mandy (quote) "and if you dont care about titles, why did you keep mentioning rossis 9"

I was quoting and replying to Wheelynealy's post, and if you check back I only mentioned 9 times once, when we were on the subject of Rossi v Stoner. You keep mentioning the 9 times. lol

And yes I am well aware Ago won 15 titles, but I was under the impression we were talking modern era, untill we got into the 70's and 80's with Sheene, Roberts etc.
Ago's last title was 1975 if I remember rightly, and if we're onto nit picking, he won in only two classes 350 and 500cc, and racing was less competitive in those days as factory bikes were in a class of their own compared to modern era racing with satellite teams being close to or as competitive as the full factory backed machines.
Freddie Spencer also won in two different classes 250 and 500cc, not only that but he won both the 250 and 500cc world titles in the same year 1985. Which is a huge achievement !!

Now if we can get back on topic........
Stacey Moaner is still an arrogant, spoilt, obnoxious little brat (albeit a reasonably good rider) who needs to work hard on his PR and attitude.

Still think he will win the title this year, but Jorge and Danny can give him a hard time untill Jerry Burgess gets the Duke sorted, then he'll have Vale, Jorge, and Danny (the smiler) Pedrosa to bitch and whinge about all year. Ben Spies might also give him something to cry about to the press aswell. pmsl

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 14/04/2011 00:48  

Wheely.....
Stacey's problem with Rossi goes back a cpl of years ago to Laguna Seca, when they were both racing elbow to elbow and Rossi got the better of him. Thats when his bitching and whinging started, and he still hasn't got over it. Talk about a sore loser.
As I have said before, I'm not a huge Rossi fan and I respect all riders at that level, but Stoners continued belligerant, spoilt brat, whinging attitude is doing him no favours.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 14/04/2011 00:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email