MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Difference in Police Force Mentality

Difference in Police Force Mentality - Forums [Biker Match] Difference in Police Force Mentality - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Difference in Police Force Mentality

Question:How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer,an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?Answer:Pose the following question:You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?BRITISH POLICE OFFICER'S Answer :Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?Could we run away? What does my wife think?What about the kids?Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?What does the law say about this situation?Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 999?If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed when he falls over, knocks his head and kills himself? .If I shoot him, and lose the court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my family home? AUSTRALIAN OFFICER'S Answer: BANG! AMERICAN OFFICER'S Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 'click'.... Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Dad! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?' AND WHAT DOES THIS STORY TELL US ABOUT THE STATE OF BRITAIN TODAY? ................. Answers on a postcard please -- -- or below !!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 29/03/2011 14:43  

Well, the average bobby is going to think "WTF am I doing with a glock?", closely followed by <thawk>.<thwackthwackthwackthwackthwack> with the asp.

However having met a couple of firearms officers the response would go something like

"Armed Police, put the knife down"
"Look you stupid c**k, put the f**king knife down"
"You really, really, REALLY want to put the knife down"
"Oh shit"
<bang><bang>
"He's still wriggling, Sargent"
<bang>
"All quiet now, Sargent"

And your original message refers to civilian concealed carry, not law enforcement.

Update Reply
axomoxia @ 29/03/2011 19:57  

Knowing our armed police they'll probably shoot the wrong person, they're marginally more dangerous with firearms than cars!

Update Reply
YID @ 29/03/2011 20:33  

Errrm, Its tits up Tony!

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 30/03/2011 03:04  

We're just far too nice to the bad guy... Isn't that so awfully British.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 30/03/2011 03:17  

Well, i work in the city centre liasing with the police, they are nice coppers but too soft!!!! More often than not every sunday i see the 2 same coppers all over facebook posing for the cameras...............says it all really !!!!

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 30/03/2011 10:50  

(Quote Yid)

"they're marginally more dangerous with firearms than cars!"

Classic !!

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 30/03/2011 11:44  

Il second that!!!!

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 30/03/2011 12:15  

Yid - - Yes mate they done that more than a few times ..... Swas - - Abso f g lutely mate. Bad guys have more rights than we do !!! 'Tits up' is putting it mildly .... Moxia - - And your original message refers to civilian concealed carry, not law enforcement. Does it really ?? There was me thinking it was about police officers, specially as it states BRITISH POLICE OFFICER'S Answer If you hadn't realised it, this refers to the stupid amount of accountability placed on officials before they act !!! Come at me with a big F**k off knife an I can assure you I wont be thinking those questions !!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 30/03/2011 18:55  

GreasyTony,

the message you posted I recieved originally a few years ago in a different format, someone has (badly) cut and pasted it to refer to police instead.... which explains why the texan has his daughter with him....

you'll find an original version here....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2405693/posts

Update Reply
axomoxia @ 30/03/2011 19:39  

It seems to get more topsy turvy by the day Tony. Our leaders are now talking about arming the Libian "rebels"to overthrow their government. Perhaps now`s the time to raise the peoples army for the liberation of common sense lol.

Update Reply
erchee @ 02/04/2011 03:43  

That would cause a few bottoms to twitch in the corridors of power!

That's why we've had years of anti firearm legislation, someone got a bit twitchy when they saw what was in public ownership, now only the criminals can have the good stuff, even most of our Olympic shooting teams have to go overseas to practice and unless there is some mickey mouse law change none of the international shooting teams will have anything to shoot with!

Think I'll move to Switzerland!

Update Reply
YID @ 02/04/2011 10:32  

Perhaps we should arm the libyan rebels.After all,we have been arming the other side for years so it only seems fair. My mate used to shoot as a hobby,damn good at it too but he had to give up all his legally held and licenced hand guns all because of the knee jerk reaction to the lunatic who went mad at Dunblane. It was then realised that Great Britain didn't have a team to enter the commonwealth games so he was asked along the other members of his gun club to compete but they would have to go to France or something to practice and compete because of UK gun laws! Needless to say,the authorities were told where to go!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 02/04/2011 10:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email