MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

is this a worry ?

is this a worry ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] is this a worry ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

is this a worry ?

I, like pond, consider myself to be pretty tolerant when it come to accepting others & their beliefs, I whilst being raised Christian have a spiritual belief, Mr_P is Methodist, my children were allowed to think for themselves & one is like me the other just says he will do his best in life & will answer to whoever/whatever is after, my aunt is a Jehovah witness & her daughter is married to a Turkish Muslim, my other aunt is Catholic, her husband C of E & their daughter has just married a non orthodox Jew ... yes the end of year celebrations at my grandmothers were a very interesting place to be.

As with anything there are extremists, not only in religion but in life,
Hitler would be described as an extremest, his view that the Arian race was the only way for perfection.

I agree, why should we tolerate a belief that is intolerant of others, but as with anything the intolerance is a view/interpretation of the one who is reading the text, ans also as with anything, people will not always agree.

Extremists are just that ... to the extreme, if people of their own faith were to stand & say this will not be tolerated maybe (IMO) we would start to get some place, however the hold that they have over their own means many are too scared to do this, and so long as the PC branch have their own way with 'tolerance, understanding & diversity' instead of taking a stand it will continue to spiral out of control,

Just remember ... not all Germans held the same belief as Hitler did.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/03/2011 09:54  

Hitler... initially,did the German people an awful lot of good..but then he went too far.....power went to his head. I think HRC was saying, is that ALL religions have their "dark" history and are guilty of indiscretions,we just have to look back in time to see the evidence!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2011 10:10  

Religion will always cause disputes, but only because people allow it too

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/03/2011 11:25  

Human nature! We never learn from past mistakes..same with war

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2011 11:33  

I dont do religion, I just want to ride my bike anywhere without getting my head chopped off when i stop for a cuppa! That'll do for me! PS, If we were run by muslims, would fuel be cheaper???

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 31/03/2011 11:50  

Good point about the petrol Dark One. They do tend to look after thier own, allegedly. So our brothers in Saudi etc, may be open to a decent discount!.
How do you feel about riding round in open-toed sandals though?.
I'm thinking Cat and Fiddle, Snake pass etc in Feb/march

Update Reply
clarkee @ 31/03/2011 13:04  

Further to my last post. Hang on, while the petrol may get cheap, there would be no Bacon or Porkie sausages in any of the fry-ups at the Ponderosa, Squires, Rivi Barn etc !!!
Now I am getting cold feet!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 31/03/2011 13:14  

they're still a very small % of british society and no way will they have a majority in parliament by 2029. And will we all still be here by then anyway. And if we are there will be bigger fish to fry!!!!!

Update Reply
zilly1 @ 03/04/2011 02:21  

Zealots in all walks of life will cause concern, unease, prejudice, extremism, hatred, crime, unjury and death if left unchallenged! "It only takes good poeple to do nothing for evil to prevail"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2011 21:53  

religion of any kind is all about control and power as is politics for far to long the docrines of both religion and politics have been corrupt they make it difficult for anyone to question anything no one or no being is allways right the universe is full of positive and negative forces having nearly carped it twice in my life i tell all bible thumpers there is an after life but no gods and no devils in site and no frickin macdonalds either your life should be led by one rule and one rule only would whatever action you are contemplating would you be happy if the same was done to you.......... do shit and you will attract it do good and that will come your way you may have to walk thru shit to get there but you will THE GRIFF

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/04/2011 19:55  

They can eat wild boar as it's not a filthy animal. A wild boar, Quail's egg and truffle sandwich washed down with Moet. The Prophet Muhammad instructed his followers, at the time, to avoid any intoxicating substances - "if it intoxicates in a large amount, it is forbidden even in a small amount." I personally can drink 3 bottles of champers before I get a wobble on (albeit a fair wobble). So a small amount to me is 1 bottle, half a bottle to wash down breakfast clearly doesn't count. It's all about interpretation (religion is the opiate of the masses - the only correct interpretation) Oh yeah, Hasheesh isn't intoxicating is it?

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 07/04/2011 20:27  

Dont matter !, the mother ship will be here soon anyway!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 09/04/2011 18:13  

look at the french............... with them trying to do away with the full head covering ( when in rome do what the romans do ) (eat drink kill and sc**w)

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 16/04/2011 16:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email