MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ferry crossings

Ferry crossings - Forums [Biker Match] Ferry crossings - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ferry crossings

Just thought I would share this bit of info.

A friend of mine goes to France every month. The main routes are run by Brittany Ferries. However, they are well over the top with pricing.

He pointed me in the direction of LD Lines. They travel similar routes and are MUCH cheaper than Brittany. For example, a family member of his was quoted in the region of £600 - including a discount. The same trip with LD lines (with a LITTLE bit of extra travel at both ends) cost him £280!!! A hell of a saving!!

LD Lines url is:

http://www.ldline.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2007 20:22  

What a star you are Martyn, nice one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/05/2007 21:16  

fantastic this site is so cool

Update Reply
earthwind @ 24/05/2007 22:48  

its a good link checked it out 112 return thats ok

Update Reply
earthwind @ 24/05/2007 22:55  

which ferry company is withdrawing from carrying bikes? it is one of the cheap ones on the UK - France routes

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/05/2007 04:47  

Earthwind - £112 is damn good if you compare it to Brittany.

I forgot, if you are going via northern france then Seafrance and Norfolkline are worth checking out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2007 06:00  

Cheers for the link mate. Know any good ones to Holland?

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/05/2007 11:20  

Hull to rotterdam for car + 3 people 133 return, a couple of months ago a mate did it

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 25/05/2007 14:48  

steam packet are a bunch of bar stewards . They have kicked me and Babbsy off the 9.30 pm 1st June from Liverpool and shoved us on the 2.55 am 2 nd June from Heysham .... told us the Port authorities had cancelled the crossing .... funny its still awailabe as foot passenger

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 25/05/2007 15:50  

awww kate thats the trouble the steam packet monopolize the crossings over there, they make the terms up as they go along !!!! hope it doesnt spoil ya holiday hunny at least ya got places on the boat enjoy it

Update Reply
storm @ 25/05/2007 18:10  

the one i checked out for august was harwich to hook of holland one bike one person

Update Reply
earthwind @ 25/05/2007 20:56  

hull to rotterdam with three people is good aint it

Update Reply
earthwind @ 25/05/2007 20:57  

For those who live in the south east Eurotunnel is worth checking out, just come back from a week in France, £76 return, and if the weather happens to be bad you know your not going to get sea sick. I`ve been using it since it opened in 93 and would never go back to the ferries.

Update Reply
Northwood @ 26/05/2007 03:40  

worth looking into as well aint it all good info. There is a lot of people who know a lot of things and its great I have never used the euro tunel

Update Reply
earthwind @ 26/05/2007 11:08  

aaaaaaaaaaa... rite.. ferri crossin`s..... was around the £80 quid mark, you an bike..

Update Reply
stonecold @ 27/05/2007 11:34  

hi stonecold welcome to bm, just go carefull on the boards cos some of them on here are day release patients "yes i know its time to check back into the clinic im just finishing this !!!!" soz gotta go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bye

Update Reply
storm @ 27/05/2007 12:36  

thanks for all the tips everyone,. Quick question thats always bothered me though.... how the hell did they build the eurotunnel through water???

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/05/2007 17:31  

Quote Matt: Quick question thats always bothered me though.... how the hell did they build the eurotunnel through water??? They held a seance and brought that chap back... you know...the one who parted the waves

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2007 19:12  

My mate uses Eurotunnel every month or so fro his business.

He found the best way to get the price down (apart from stowing away) is to be really flexible in your dates and times.

He usually travels late at night or really early in the morning. Sometimes he gets fares for about £30 or £40 return - in a car.

A bit like airlines, if you play around with the online booking form with a few different times and a day or two before or after it can make a real big difference.

Hope this helps a bit.

If you are going in to Northern France it might also be worth looking at ferries to Belgium (Ostend). It is not too far to travel.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2007 19:25  

Forgot to mention.

It is worth keeping in mind that petrol prices in the majority of European countries are no longer vastly cheaper than the UK.

In France, it is worth filling up at hyperarkets. These are apparently a lot cheaper than on the main autoroutes.

Also look at P&O Dover to Calais.

As an example. going out at 02:10am on the 12th June and returning at 02:10am on the 26th June is £35 for a bike and one person.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2007 19:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email