MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Three cafes' bike run in June

Three cafes' bike run in June - Forums [Biker Match] Three cafes' bike run in June - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Three cafes' bike run in June

Im hoping to raise some money for my client who sustained a brain injury after a lunatic biker spooked him by weaving in and out. My client came off his bike and summersaulted through the air and into a car window. The other rider left the scene so my client was not able to claim proper compensation. His family struggle for basic stuff. The doctors gave up on him as he was in a coma for about two years and was in a nursing home for 7 years before coming home. My client has limited speach but considring the doctors said he would never be more than a vegetable he is doing remarkably well. He also has physical dissabillities and cannot walk so cannot get to the bathroom. The family want to build a wet room for him downstairs as he has not been able to have a shower since coming home. This is completely unnaceptable and although I have only worked with this man for about a month now I feel particularly appauled at the way he has been treated not even having basic needs like a shower room. He has an absolute wicked sense of humour and although he cant even remember being on a bike or anything about the accident he remembers lots of other stuff and he is a whizz at quizzes. He was a builder and when he goes out with his family he points at buildings he worked on. He used to play rugby and football and still remains a fan of both sports. He has a devoted family and has grandchildren with more on the way. This man is only 51 having had the accident at 42. Please can anyone help. Ive never done anything like this before so I would be grateful for any input or suggestions. Many thanks, Sue

Update Reply
sachsysue650 @ 23/03/2011 09:29  

Have you any ideas of what you would like to do Sue ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/03/2011 09:31  

What a way to treat a fellow human being! It's disgusting. If I had any money Sue I'd donate it to this worthy cause. Good luck with raising funds to make life a little more comfortable for your friend and his family. Sue you could start a 'Just Giving' page, follow the link http://www.justgiving.com/ The 3 cafes event takes place on the 12th June 2011 Follow the link to the calendar. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1465

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2011 09:45  

Think we will be on our way back from cornwall then but if notr will try and fit in part of the ride

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2011 15:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email