MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

chains again

chains again (2) - Forums [Biker Match] chains again (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

chains again

Yeah totally agree with others - really think about how many miles you do and if you really need a scotoiler. My big bike for summer use i clean the chain and oil with a brush and this seems to keep the chain in good nic for 2 summers and going....
On my commuter smaller bike ive fitted a cheaper but imo a good alternative to the scotoiler. There are a couple of companies out there offering simple kits. Ive fitted a kit from tutoro.com - it cost me £17. I use scotoil in it because i like the colour! So far im happy with it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2011 15:56  

Best way to lube is, soak in parrafin or white sprit with a paint brush, put it on the paddock stand, run it in 1st gear with a few revs, spin off all the crap, wipe with a cloth and re lube with Dry Chain Lube. Remember when lubing the chain to do it from below the swingarm i.e the bottom of the chain. Most lube from the top or rear of the sprocket, which is wrong as the force flings the lube off the chain as opposed to into it.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 16/04/2011 16:15  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->But remember children not to get your little fingers trapped between the chain and sprocket. (Painful)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/04/2011 16:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email