MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

zzr1100 brakes

zzr1100 brakes - Forums [Biker Match] zzr1100 brakes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

zzr1100 brakes

want to uprate my current 4 pot calipers to a 6 pot on my zzr1100 d3 ( the standard set up is pants especially in the rain ) and was wondering if this can be done? is there much modifying needed? or does anyone know of an upgrade that bolts straight on? do i have to change the hoses ? any help advice welcome cheers red

Update Reply
redzed11 @ 21/03/2011 20:26  

If I was you I'd invest in a set of braided hoses and some sintered pads first. Maybe if your able a caliper strip and reseal. Old oem rubber hoses can expand over time, I'd recomend if the bikes over three years old changing the brake hoses anyway. Hope this helps

Update Reply
SPESH @ 21/03/2011 21:33  

I did a quick google on it and it seems to be a popular upgrade and can definitely be done to your bike.

These people appear to do a kit for it

www.hardracing.com/brakes/Ferodo.htm

Update Reply
Ph0enix @ 21/03/2011 21:39  

What model zzr is it, on the zx9 a lot of folk are ditching the 6 pots in favor of 4 especially on earlier ones. Tell me what the measurement for fitting hole centers is, I can find out if there are any 6 pots that will fit straight on.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 22/03/2011 08:27  

Sorry just re read your post and the onto is already there, watch this space. :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 22/03/2011 08:31  

http://www.billet.co.uk/index2.html?home.html~mainFrame Harrison Billet do mini6 caliper as a direct bolt on replacement also Red. Looking at yer profile pics you already got braided brakes hoses?? Can only see small portion of it.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 22/03/2011 11:45  

There the same spacing as the. Zx9 B model and ZZR 6 ,  gsxr 1000 or gsx 1400 will fit but you will need new bolts and top hat spacers, I have a contact who makes the spacers.
The billet ones are nice but have you seen the price

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 22/03/2011 12:32  

I have a pair of zzr1100 billet calipers off an old bike I got rid of, started to do a rebuild about 4 years ago and never got finished, you will have to upgrade with progressive fork springs if you don't want to bottom out and lock up when using billets hard if that's the road you take. This has only just reminded me I still have them at work under my bench
one day I will finish them

Update Reply
harry worth @ 22/03/2011 20:38  

Having just completely rebuilt my 25yr old CBR's brakes I would advise a complete rebuild, new pistons,seals, master cylinder repair kit. Brake seals and boots etc can almost double in size over the years and pinch on the pistons and sliding pins etc. I seem to recall that ZZ-R brakes were always well up to the job.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 24/03/2011 13:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email