MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Open or Full faced helmets??????

Open or Full faced helmets?????? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Open or Full faced helmets?????? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Open or Full faced helmets??????

Full face for me, I may not be the most beautiful painting on the wall, but would hate to have something happen to my face if in an accident ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/05/2011 17:38  

open face do look good on teh right bike for sure but im not sure i could ever wear one meself..... i wear a full face

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 16:30  

I have tried both and prefer the full face lid. I also remember seeing some discusting insects crawling out of the ears of a rider wearing an open face lid. Mind you, they might have been in there to start with!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 22/05/2011 16:45  

the flies do sting thats for sure, you end up looking like a bulldog chewing a wasp !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 16:47  

AGV helmets are well worth the bit extra you pay,, see pic lol

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 22/05/2011 16:53  

my full face is a agv "mad dog"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 16:54  

LMFAO @ BL last comment!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 17:43  

I prefer the look of the skid lids and open face helmets but i ride with a full face helmet for the added protection and also shelter from the wind.

Update Reply
Symph @ 22/05/2011 18:27  

have bit the bullet lol and got an open faced hat with drop down visor because that there bugs of an evening hurt when travelin` (bees etc ) grand price of £15.99 aldi`s

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 24/05/2011 00:33  

My mate has just bought one Mic and he thinks it's ace value - be safe

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 24/05/2011 14:45  

got to be full face flip front... i dont like scaring the natives and dont fancy eating gravel pie...face is bad enough without mashing it but one of my mates wore an open face and he was picking bugs outa his teeth... eeewwwwww

Update Reply
mizzi @ 24/05/2011 15:06  

I wear a full face, simply because I'm a wuss when it comes to being open to the elements or getting bugs on my face! I started off with an Arai, back in the days of well paid employment, now I just grab whichever of the three cheap ones is nearest, think the most expensive is the Nolan lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 16:49  

back to a full face as from today...... was good too, feel alot safer !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 18:12  

Full face for me too although never worn anything else so don't know what it's like to wear one. I took a tumble last Sept (a proper one, not one of my many lying down moments) and even at a low speed, I did a fair bit of surface damage to the side and chin of the helmet. Think I'd have suffered a broken jaw without it plus the gravel rash. Still wear the lid though, sent it off to Arai for xraying and they certified it fit for use.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 24/05/2011 18:36  

i didnt realise you could do that Roachy, good info that, so when is matlock then, Geoff said its your shout !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 22:09  

Neither did I Ian until a friend had rather a nasty accident (uninjured thankfully) and he told us he'd done it with his lid which was also certified fit for use, despite him taking a good blow to the head and knocking himself out! It was then confirmed to us by a staff member on the Arai stand at the NEC when Geoff was getting fitted for his new lid. The guy told us it was him that did all the xrays and explained how to arrange sending it away through any 5* dealer. Just had to pay the postage, I think it cost £11 in total. I did have to get a new visor, side pod and mechanism though. Matlock....oh he did, did he! Haven't been to Matlock for ages, it might even be April last year.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 24/05/2011 23:15  

I bought a carbon fibre helmet last year as I suffer from neck probs - so damn light I can ride for hours now without any aches or pain. Awesome lid and it can be resprayed np.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 25/05/2011 07:39  

Guys & gals - all for one & one for all?
Don't knock each other cos there's enough car drivers & MPs who do that - Freedom of choice I say (that's why I joined MAG)

But come on ... less of the dodgy statistics & just be realistic?

Cruiser riders don't buy open face helmets for safety reasons - it's part of the image.
Why not just say "I am a (or don't mind people thinking I am a) bad-ass"

After borrowing an open-face lid for my 1 hour bike-intro I have always worn a full-face.
In my 1st biking year ... 29th Jan 1986 @ 8.15am to be precise; I came off my 80cc at 20mph on black-ice whilst exiting a roundabout.
I smashed my chin-guard onto the tarmac; I didn't break my spine but no need for a straw either. I carried on into college & sat 2 exams instead of needing a hospital visit
(Then again there were no cruisers in the car park that day)

My friend has a Harley & wears an open-face helmet - but I don't give him any grief as he knows the risk (he wore a full-face when he had a Fireblade) Simples!

Around town & below 30 mph on my tripod I sometimes use a flip-lid & leave it up to keep cool ... its all a question of your risk profile - we ride bikes instead of sitting in nice safe cars after all

Update Reply
mikelebike @ 04/06/2011 21:21  

I am in the market for a new helmet, as i bought a cheap one for about £50.00 just to pass my test with. I passed my test last March and could do with upgrading. I would want a full face, but wouldn't mind a flip up type, has anyone got any suggestions......

Update Reply
Running Man @ 05/06/2011 17:55  

Given the option I'm with Fred Hill.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2011 12:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email