MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

All Points Motorcycle Tour

All Points Motorcycle Tour - Forums [Biker Match] All Points Motorcycle Tour - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

All Points Motorcycle Tour

Hi All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Myself and Paul (Cowboy70) are going to embark on a round Britain motorcycle tour (All Points Motorcycle Tour in Aid of The British Red Cross) starting on Saturday 30th April, we are going to ride round the coast of the British mainland during the following week (Red Cross week) to visit the most Westerly, Northerly, Easterly and Southerly points including those of Scotland, England and Wales.<o:p></o:p> We are setting off from the BRCS office at 18 Wellington Square Ayr at 9 AM, it would be great to have a big send off, so are looking for as many bikes as possible to set off with us.<o:p></o:p> Here is our route <o:p></o:p> Sat 30th April ---- Ayr ? Ardnarmurchan Lighthouse ? Fort William ? Inverness<o:p></o:p> Sun 1st May ----- Inverness ? Durness ? John O Groats ? Buchanness Lighthouse (Peterhead)<o:p></o:p> Mon 2nd May ------ Peterhead ? Berwick Upon Tweed ? York<o:p></o:p> Tue 3rd May -------York ? Lowestoft ness? Oxford<o:p></o:p> Wed 4th May ------- Oxford ? Lizard point ? Lands End ? Exeter<o:p></o:p> Thu 5th May ------- Exeter ? Lady Park Wood (Monmouth) ? Breaksea Point (Aberthaw) ? St Davids ? Shrewsbury<o:p></o:p> Fri 6th May -------- Shrewsbury ? Point of Ayr (Talacre) ? Mull of Galloway<o:p></o:p> Sat 7th May ------ Mull of Galloway ? Ayr<o:p></o:p> if anyone wants to join us on the way round (for the day or a few hours) then feel free.<o:p></o:p> If anyone stays near to our nightly stopping points and can offer us a bed / spare piece of floor for the night it would be much appreciated.<o:p></o:p> Lastly and more importantly, we are looking to raise as much money as possible during our 3000 mile trip, so donate on line at http:...our or contact me directly.<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 02/03/2011 12:19  

Stuart and Paul....this sounds brilliant! If I had a bigger bike I would love to do something like that. Good Luck to both of you and I hope you raise lots of money

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/03/2011 12:29  

This is a fabby adventure Stuart & Paul. Hope you two have a brilliant time. Am I being dippy again or is there a bit missing from the link to make donations? Are you are coming up through Cumbria along the A6/M6 or going round the coast? Whatever, call in for a cup of tea and a bikkie when you're passing lads xx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/03/2011 13:42  

Excellent idea DB and a fab cause, we are at Barmouth that weekend so i will pass a bucket round and gather some dosh for you :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/03/2011 14:33  

minnie your just being dippy x the link works takes you right to the page for donations lol What a good idea jackie.....maybe anyone who has orginised other events and ride outs maybe did the same....just a suggestion and really well done to ya stuart a know its taken a lot of planning :) might join you next year if you do something similer

Update Reply
madhat @ 02/03/2011 22:58  

hey you missed off this corner of uk guys would be more than welcome if you made it down though.

Good luck will follow your updates

Update Reply
jabecs @ 03/03/2011 00:10  

Big thanks to you all. Me and Paul are really looking forward to it. Minnie, just hover over the link and click BJ many thanks, hope your bucket brims over

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 03/03/2011 07:49  

I shall source a big bucket and take it with me whenever i go anywhere and hop i can fill it foyou guys :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/03/2011 10:15  

of course ya will jackie ya might even need 2 big buckets stuart anything a can help with just shout sir

Update Reply
madhat @ 03/03/2011 10:24  

BUMP Slipped Down The List

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 03/03/2011 18:49  

Sat 30th April ---- Ayr ? Ardnarmurchan Lighthouse ? Fort William ? Inverness
Sun 1st May ----- Inverness ? Durness ? John O Groats ? Buchanness Lighthouse (Peterhead)

So your going through Inverness twice and not going up through Ullapool ?

I did this in 2008 but hope you have better weather than we did

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/03/2011 19:21  

of course ya will jackie ya might even need 2 big buckets

Well Maryanne, I could loan her my 2 jugs pmsl

Well done guys, enjoy.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 03/03/2011 20:03  

MS, not through Inverness twice, this the stopping point for the night.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 03/03/2011 22:19  

Ah right sorry got ya

Wish ya all the best though and the top west of Scotland is the best bit

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/03/2011 22:37  

Happy to give you beds for your York stop-over . PM when you have details and to check if I'm in a convenient spot for you. Good luck

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/03/2011 22:43  

Thanks A2, be good to catch up again. Will drop you a PM the week before we go, to make sure your still OK for us to stop.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 04/03/2011 18:45  

Hey everyone make sure you donate to this one. The boys are raising pennies for the Red Cross. We all know of the brilliant humanitarian stuff the Red Cross does around the world where people are in crisis cos of conflict and natural disasters etc, but they do loads with people in individual crisis here in the UK too. I worked for the RC and they do a marvellous job e.g. giving practical assistance to people leaving hospital with no family to look after them, loaning medical equipment such as wheelchairs to people who need them temporarily but who don't qualify to get one via the NHS, providing transport to medical appointments for those who have no one to take them or who can't afford it, providing camouflage make up tuition to people with disfigurements. They also get involved as part of the emergency response following a fire or flood when people may be in shock and have lost everything they possess. And of course these guys also deliver first aid training and first aiders at hundreds of public events round the country. They deserve our respect so support Stuart & Paul

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 04/03/2011 23:08  

Many thanks Margaret for those sentiments, a lot of people don't realise just how much work they do, I certainly didn't until I joined.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 04/03/2011 23:23  

good luck to both of you, hope your bums survive all the riding!!!

The red cross do a great job, when I had my house fire, the red cross turned up, looked after my distraught daughter, made us drinks, gave my daughter clothes as she had only her pj's to her name, sorted out a place for us all to stay for the night and stayed with us for as long as we needed.
Also I hired a wheelchair off them after my bike accident, I gave them a nice donation when I no longer needed it.
They are a worthy cause to raise money for

Update Reply
drobess @ 04/03/2011 23:29  

Good Luck lads!! Hope your travels are safe and dry This is now on the event calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1405

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2011 09:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email