MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events in the East

Events in the East - Forums [Biker Match] Events in the East - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events in the East

I've been foolish enough to join the NE Events Team, but considering the NE BM zone is about 250 miles in length I thought it best to start local, so I've set myself the task of mobilizing (or attempting to) BM members in the east midlands bit of the NE zone. That's roughly Humber down to the Wash, and M1 corridor over to the Lincolnshire coast (Derbys, Notts, Lincs, S Yorks). I'm definitely too easily pleased, if I get a bit of a ride and a few beers (so camping/rallying) I'm happy, but I appreciate that's not everybody's bag. So I've had a scan through the ideas thread that the events team started at the end of last year and made a very short list of the ideas that were put forward and haven't been picked up yet. Here are the suggestions:- Night at the Dogs Day out karting Paintballing Bowling night Camping weekends The rest were mine, and are bike rallies and rock nights, and various camping weekends and day rides to areas such as Matlock, Skeggy, Newark, (creeping into northern territory but we can risk it) York, Brid/Scarborough. The world (or east midlands at least) is our lobster, but I'm not into flogging a dead horse (I'm not that easily pleased), and I want BM members in the area to say which activities you fancy and the places you'd like to go to do them. I aim to please, so come on into the forums and give us your twopennoth.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 18/02/2011 01:08  

Good on u for gettin in there honey xx Im game for owt the does not involve heights lol !!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 18/02/2011 07:11  

Go you lady for starting the ball rolling :)

Bowling is a blast and we are having our second one next weekend good chance for newbies to join in and chat to folk :)

Am sure we can muster some folk to attend from west lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/02/2011 09:33  

I'm up for anything too. Weather and dog sitter permitting lol. Would love to go to Scarborough with a group as I wouldn't do it on my own

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2011 12:23  

Bridlington, Scarborough, Whitby, nice round trip. Best wait till later on in the year though.

Update Reply
mike99 @ 18/02/2011 21:26  

You're a star 6psy

Have been thinking of a winter get-together at mine?? Nowt too exciting but have 3 pubs in village and a fair amount of floor space for over-nighters. 3 pubs serve food but happy to make chilli depending on numbers. Sausage sarnies for brekkie!!

Only drawback would be roadside parking where you can find it!! (Some of you know what I mean!)

A Fri or Sat night before end of March??

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 18/02/2011 22:22  

Nice one 6ypsy , hope you get a good turn out. Come on folks give 6ypsy your support, get yourself involved and make more friends, you'll be glad you did. BTW please remember your camera and take lots of (decent) photos for the event calendar, fank ewe.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2011 00:47  

Subject: Events in the East

Welcome to the East side from the Scottish East

will try and pop down when I can as love the run down length of A68 into Englandshire

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/02/2011 03:06  

Welcome gypsy ... Oooohhhh all those east coast towns !

Me thinks in the summer we could have rides out for 'The BM greatest fish n chips around hunt' :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/02/2011 06:46  

Thanks BJ, a turnout by the BM party people would be more than welcome, you certainly know how to get folks to join in, and with any luck the midlands spirit may filter over this way. Shell - I reckon that must be the greatest event suggestion ever!!! We could pretend we're experts and blag 'free samples'! With my girth I'm sure I could pass off as a chippy critic Madscots - it's another 100 mile to mine after the A68, but the Northern contingent are welcome to stay over anytime you fancy a ride down. Sandi - I was a little inebriated at the cornwall meet last year, and still managed to get some great shots, so as long as I remember my camera I should be able to oblige. Kaz, LR, Mike and Alice - interest - hooray! Whitby is my favourite sea side so I'll go there anytime, we'll arrange a ride Lone Rider, but I agree Mike, we may even get a bit of sun if we leave it a few months. Alice - your's is a fantastic offer, and I'll certainly make it. I had a great time at the night up north (Manchester) last year when we had a stayover at Alex's. There plenty of floor space at mine too, so we have 2 venues. You're on Squire's doorstep and I'm minutes away from Matlock Bath so great Biker locales for members in other areas too. Kaz - you're ok, I don't do heights either so nothing above ground level from me! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and ideas. Keep em coming and let's have an eventful 2011. Cheers Jac

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 19/02/2011 19:29  

I'll be in Whitby 6 weeks time for a break as love the place

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/02/2011 21:27  

as allways im at the wrong for a ride to the coast lol but ill show up and say Hi anyhows . there are a couple of places in bridlington that do helmet parking so no need to lug them around ! ( does anybody use helmet parking ? ) there are pleanty of camp sites around here too all within easy reach of scarborough , whitby wolds etc ( im looking for a job with tourist bourd does it show lol ) but anyway be good to get something going up this end and its easyer to get to than Skeggy beleive it or not ! good luck 6ypsy

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/02/2011 09:24  

HI 6ypsy this all sounds good to me .. I used to do a coach trip to skeggy every weekend in summer so brid/scarborough /whitby sounds much better to me for a long run.. and a meet up in matlock for chips is allways welcome.. what about a run to castleton in the hope vally???not to far for a short day ride .. keep up the good work Neil

Update Reply
neil1340hd @ 20/02/2011 10:31  

hi 6psey it would be good to see things happening in the east midlands .as a new member i have noticed the lack of events around that area with me living there.it would be great news .go girl.

Update Reply
dawnie 1967 @ 20/02/2011 11:59  

^ Huh??

Count me in

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 20/02/2011 15:23  

Dawnie, I'd arranged this http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=7242 before becoming an official, it's dead handy for you as it's just off M1 Jn 27. I know Brid is easier to get to from here, but as the NE area goes all the way down to the Wash, some Derbys/Notts/Lincolnshire rides will be handy for East Mids members to meet up at. Once we get into late spring, when weather is a bit kinder to us (my a**e) we'll sort out some longer rides. As a matter of interest, it would be handy to know if folks are interested in pub meets til the weather picks up, and whether day rides or nights out are preferred in the better weather.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/02/2011 19:05  

Right gang, events (starting) in the east. I'm going up to the Fred Hill Run next Sunday (if it's dry roads cos I'm still dealing with new tyres). It starts at Squires, Leedsish, so I'll be riding up to there from Derbyshire first. If anyone fancies joining me on the ride up I'll be leaving here about 9.30, and any of you who want to come but are to far away to meet the start time you're welcome to stay at mine on Saturday. I'll put a seperate thread on for this so no chance of missing it!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/02/2011 22:10  

which ways east??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 22:21  

left , i mean right.

Update Reply
mike99 @ 20/02/2011 22:44  

El - Haven't you seen the film? East is East! You are, to the Welsh but not to me

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/02/2011 22:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email